GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was @ work on friday (showing off) letting the truck run sitting still and after about 3 cyclesof the EDC, it got so damn hott that the line popped right after the steel braided line.. that sucked, so i figured i am going to do 2 things to help this
1) get a hydraulic hose made to go from the engine compartment to the filter(which is mounted in the bed)
2) make a "cold air" intake for the air commander so it isn't pulling HOT air from the engine compartment.. but outside ambient air from in front of the rad support...

any ideas?
also i wanna put a light on my dash to light up when it kicks on, anyone here a wiring pro??

OH.. PICS of my truck are up in the member's section under SUPERMACHINES SCSWB page 2 is it bagged

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i had the same problem... the damn line that Air ride gives you sucks. I replaced my entire line from front to back with a braided steel line. I blew it maybe three times.

i wouldn't try putting a light in it, b/c i'm sure that the electric clutch might not get enough power. i would just wire it off of a switch... so u can turn it on off whenever you want to.

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about running a seperate wire from the output side of the pressure switch to a light on the dash? i honestly don't think the clutch needs alot of amperage to kick on it only has a 209 amp fuse, so it can't be all that bad i just am sick and tired of shutting down my sounds to see if i can hear the EDC running

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i put mine on a switch like 2k said

i havent had any problems with the line getting hot and i let it run a shit load when i first got it installed although it did get hot as hell

cant wait until i get everything done to hardline it and forget about hose

as far as cold air intake i dont see it as really helping too much :imo

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
you could just splice in a light somewhere in betwwen the pressure switch and clutch a small led light wouldnt pull much

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
here's what you do. Get a switch with built in led. Keep the switch on, but the pressure switch will override the switch. When the pressure switch kicks on, the very small led lights up. They sell these switches at radio shack. My friend uses one on his electric compressor, along with a pressure switch

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are a lot of ways to run it...
I would just run a led in parallel to your pressure switch relay...the one that engages the clutch on the edc....an LED only draws about 20-30 milliamps...It will not affect that amperage (even if it was only 2 amps it would only increase it by 1%)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.