·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i have one and i like it...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not into looks with the air intake system. but i reviewed a few of them and so far all i can find is that K&N seems to be most efficient. i want the most performance out of my truck i can get. of course without blowin the motor up.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I think anything is better than the stocker. With that said I also think they all do about the same thing. I personally went with the AEM because of their dry filter, but that was really the only reason.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had one on my 97, waste of money. Only thing its good for is if your in it for the looks, performance wise its basically useless unless you have a lot of other mods IMO

·
Registered
350 Posts
A custom tune would do a lot. Thats the best thing you could do for your truck as far as money goes, it will really wake it up. A LOT more than a intake.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
They all do the same thing.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
549 Posts
When I had my 05 GMC CC, I had an Outlaw on it...I really liked it. Same thing that's been said though, they all pretty much do the same thing. I also had a Wait4Me custom tune on the truck...wow! It made a complete difference. It didn't even feel like I was driving the same truck...really woke it up. If I had the choice of either...I'd get a tune :imo

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I bought one of those cheap eBay ones with the heat shield and the metal tubing, then I got one of the Donaldson "Blackwing" cone filters (SLP, IIRC). I spent ~$150 in all and supposedly the Blackwing flows better than the K&N.
I think just anything is better than stock though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts