GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to start buyin all the parts for my lift...its gonna take a lil while, but i figure once i start, it will kill me to have parts sittin around and will make me wanna collect everything...im goin for 6" total, 6 front, 5 rear...(when i take the top off it levels out nicely...but heres what im thinkin about...6" tuff country leaf springs in the front, 4" shackle flip rear (echobit if i can find it, if not, ORD kit), 1" zero rate AAL (check www.offroaddesign.com if u don't know), extended brake lines, drop steerin arm, and maybe new u-bolts rear(if theres not enough thread left after AAL). Anyone see any problems here?? Im getttin a lil money this week so i might buy the springs, so i can go ahead and get the most expensive part out of the way... then buy the cheaper as i get the money...the only thing im worried about is the rear stock leaves saggin, so should i just get some real AAL that adds like 1.5"-2"? The reason i want to go wiht the 1" zero rate AAL cuz it allows me to move the axel back an inch or so...so it looks right in the wheel well after the flip...otherwise i would got with a regular 2" AALWhats yalls imput on it??? also, anyone know os someone who wants to get rid of an echobit flip kit since they aren't made anymore??

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You know the ORD one is suposed to compensate for most of the axle movement forward that is typically a product of a shackle flip. Also your going to need to lengthen your rear shaft is my guess.

·
Banned
487 Posts
front shaft is guna need some owrk too

Where are you getting hte front springs? and front springs only? I want to find some 8" lift springs just for the frontf or an SFA chevy i havent had any luck.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i thought about the shaft today when i was writin down everything at school...just forgot about it tonight...maybe i should buy everything...save up some more...and do the one ton swap all at once...like ive thought about before...lol. Time for a real job i guess...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts