GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to be sure...Fire Red in GMC is the same as the Chevy Victory Red right? I want to make sure so I can order the right color door handles for my new rig :bowtie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Hey I was at the chevy dealer today and I saw the Vortec H.O truck!!! They have them here in missouri now. Too bad they dont put the LQ9 in the regular cabs :pissed:

As for the colors, people say they are the same, but I can't say for sure.

Also, how does your truck move with the 6.0? Thanks, Michael
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMCtrk said:
Hey I was at the chevy dealer today and I saw the Vortec H.O truck!!! They have them here in missouri now. Too bad they dont put the LQ9 in the regular cabs :pissed:

As for the colors, people say they are the same, but I can't say for sure.

Also, how does your truck move with the 6.0? Thanks, Michael
Thanks for the help...can anyone confirm this for sure?

It moves really good with the 6.0 ...even with all the extra weight from the extended cab, I know it could take my lighter regular cab 5.3 truck. If they put it in the regular cab though...just think of what kind of truck they would have on their hands :bowtie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts
I'm not too sure on the colors bro but I do know that my color isn't the same as the Chevy color. Could be just my color though. Sorry I couldn't help ya out more.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Are you trying to get Escalade or Yukon/Tahoe handles? If Yukon/Tahoe just go get a VIN number off a Red GMC Yukon and then use that to order.
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bcubed said:
Are you trying to get Escalade or Yukon/Tahoe handles? If Yukon/Tahoe just go get a VIN number off a Red GMC Yukon and then use that to order.
Yeah...I'm trying to order some painted (i.e. Yukon/Tahoe) handles from StreetInspiredKustoms, and all they have listed is Victory Red as colors to choose from. I emailed their sales department the same question before I place my order, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Yeah...I'm trying to order some painted (i.e. Yukon/Tahoe) handles from StreetInspiredKustoms, and all they have listed is Victory Red as colors to choose from. I emailed their sales department the same question before I place my order, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
Why would you pay $100, when you can just order them from GM (gmpartsdirect) and pay $85?
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bcubed said:
Why would you pay $100, when you can just order them from GM (gmpartsdirect) and pay $85?
Hmm...I didn't realize they were that much cheaper from GMPD. If I get the VIN from a Red Yukon...how do I use that to get the right p/n? Also, since they truck is an 04, it doesn't have a passenger key hole. Will ordering a rear door handle (w/o key hole) fit the same spot?
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Hmm...I didn't realize they were that much cheaper from GMPD. If I get the VIN from a Red Yukon...how do I use that to get the right p/n? Also, since they truck is an 04, it doesn't have a passenger key hole. Will ordering a rear door handle (w/o key hole) fit the same spot?
I never did it myself, but from what I've heard if you call them and have a VIN, they will talk to you and give you part numbers ... and yes, I think you would order a back door handle for the passenger side, hopefully someone else will chime in.
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to the dealer today to try and have him help me confirm p/n and color codes for my handles. Real helpful part department...I got some p/n for a Red Yukon and just submitted my order to GMPD. Here hoping they are the right color :bowtie:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top