GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I went to the junk yard and found a Tahoe or GMC Truck with a Color Matched Bumper that matched my paint, would it fit? Can I just unbolt it off that truck and bolt it on mine?

Also... If I found a GM Truck with color matched door handles, would they fit?
:think:
I have a 1999 NBS Chevy Silverado 2WD.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Yes, people buy Tahoe smooth bumper caps and handles all the time and put them on their trucks, if you can get some cheap out of the junkyard that look good go for it.

Also, the painted cap comes off, although it's a pain .. so technically you don't have to replace the whole bumper, you could just take the cap off and put it on yours, but you might mess it up in the process. You'll obviously want the front set of handles, so you have the key and you can switch out your locks into the new handles.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... How much would you say I should spend at the junk yard. And is there anywhere I can just buy the cap new?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
yes, someone here has part#s so that you can get the cap and handles painted in your color.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I hope its a chevy bumper. You said you found a tahoe or gmc truck i hope it was the tahoe bc you probably already know this but gmc's will not fit on chevy's just making sure you knew that

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent looked yet so thats good to no. Why dont GMC's fit Chevy, there almost identical. The handles wont work either?

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Just look at the front of a gmc and a chevy, the gmc grille dips down and so does the bumper. The chevy is strait and curves up at the fenders. Just look and it will be obvious.

Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts