GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I may finally do some color matching on my truck, and I have found part numers from GM for a color matched tailgate handle and door handles, but I have a couple of questions.

The only passenger handle that I have found does NOT have a keyhole, my truck currently does have a keyhole on the driver and passenger side. While I don't need it, and I don't care, will the handle bucket without a hole in it fit on the door with the key mechanism? I don't mind covering it up, as I have never once used a key on my truck, but I just want to make sure it works. Anybody covered their key mech's with a handle?

Mirror caps, I can't find a part number for Medium Green Metallic mirror caps, 47U. I could rattle can them, if Dupont made a 47U touch up or matching paint, but they don't. I just want the mirror cap matched, and I do not want chrome. Anybody find that?

And I tried searching, JSYGK.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Yeah man, I replaced my pass side with a non keyed bucket. The lock cylinder is in the bucket itself - not the door. You unclip the rod from the back of the handle/cylinder and remove teh rod completely from the door by uncliping it from the lock/unlock solenoid down in the door. You want to remove the rod, so whenever you lock/unlock it dosent' flop around in there.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
you should def. order them

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I've been looking, too. Same color. I am even on the GM website and they have the black, white, red, black and chrome, but nothing else. :nono: First one to find it wins a cupcake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts