GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this weekand I went with my buddy and picked up his 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty with the Cummins Turbo Diesel and of course 4x4, so I started poking around and looking at some of them and was offered a test drive so of course I am going to take the offer and I proceeded to test drive a new 5.9L Cummins. All I could say was wow, I loved the way the truck sat (much more like a truck then my past 3 GM trucks), I love the way it rode. I am one of those that actually likes that "truck" like ride...I know I am wierd. Wasnt to big on the comfort of the seats buts its alright. After I got on the highway the 5.9L picked up very well at all differant speeds. Then I saw that I was averaging 16.5 mpg on a diesel with only 10 miles on it so I was already going nuts. So we pulled back up to the dealer talked some numbers and I pulled out in a brand spanking new Cummins with only 13 miles on the odometer for 32k with tax tag and title included in that cost. Not to bad when the sticker was 43k :imo ......

march07057.jpg

march07056.jpg

march07055.jpg

march07053.jpg

march07054.jpg

I know Dodges arent very liked on this board but I really do love this truck and I hope that I can still be welcomed here as previous member of 3 fullsize GM's and 1 GM car. Trust me I still preach about Chevys like its no tommorow to people but this truck is pretty bad ass, so I hope things work out well and I hope you guys dont hate me...:shake:

Kyle

·
4,725 Posts
Hell yea Kyle, nice rig bro!

so that z71 is already gone :lol:

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell yea Kyle, nice rig bro!

so that z71 is already gone :lol:
:rofl2: yeah bud, got rid of it with only like 4400 miles on it...haha. They tried ripping me off majorly though and only trying to offer 22k for a brand spanking new 46k truck with every option and only one truck payment payed on it...haha I told them to go f- themselves...but we worked on the negotiations for a few hours, cause I told them that if they didnt want to give me what I wanted then I wasnt going to sweat not trading in the GMC cause I liked it. So they quickly worked something out and I drove home in my third truck in the last 3-4 monthes...haha I know I am stupid...I hope that I dont get owned for this...:shake:

Hey Law, you guys still working on getting your parts together for your conversions. I still want to come out there and see yall and maybe lend a hand or at least open the beers when yall need them or something. Let me know bro. BTW, thanks for the compliment on the truck. Least I know I wasnt hated by everybody...:shake:

Kyle

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sexy, your still a-ok in my book.
Thanks man! I still check this board more then anything else so I hope to still learn alot on here about everything and hope to get another Bow tie in the fam sometime soon, most likely something for fun ya know. Still bleed the bow ties no matter what.

Kyle

·
Registered
542 Posts
thank god someone likes ugly trucks.... or else nobody would buy them! jkjk sick truck man congrats on the good deal. are you gunna keep this one for a while? maybe lift it?

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah this one is going to stick with me till it breaks to the point of no fix..:evil: . Got some ideas for it, I want to tear off that ugly black plastic line thing down the side, add some sort of ranchhand type bumpers to it, rails, headache rack, tool box. As for the lift, either I want to lift it enough to comfortably clear 35x12.50's on some 17x10 or level the front end and put on some 315's on the stock wheels. Seen both and really like both setups so we will see. I might just go with the 315's on stock wheels first to save a little dough for the other exterior mods. Going to wait for the miles to add up and it to break in more before I do exhaust and power adders. I do want to get the gauges though so we will see. Tinted windows, bedliner and clearance lights are the first mods on the list though. Thanks for the compliments guys. Means alot!

Kyle

·
4,725 Posts
I would think a lot ofpeople here would enjoy the same truck. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'd probably do the larger of the 2 tire/lift options.

We will be doing our installs soon hopefully. Sounds like we have an IFS lift to do this weekend. I'm flat broke for the moment, hopefully I will be $ comfortable in a week or 2. Cajun wants to finish his in April. I will try too depending on $$. This summer for sure I will have some $ but will probably do the smart thing and invest it to make some good interest. If I get into OCS and make it through there is no way I'm blowing that money on anything I wouldn't want to bleed for.

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I hear ya man. I should have done that a long time ago as well instead of buying trucks...haha. Either way sounds like you to have a good plan for things. Keep in touch with me when yall start and I will check the schedule and try to make it out there for a couple days or something if I dont redeploy to Iraq that soon.

Kyle

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it has the 5.9. The new 6.7's are out but only available on the work truck/ flat bed types of Ram's. There not expected to start having the 6.7's for another month or two so that could be a good reason they were trying to work deals. It was Dodge truck month in texas so they were trying to sell them and I went in there trying to wheel and deal and just so happens they bit the bait and sold it to me for what I wanted. I cant complain...:D

Kyle

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
auto or manual??

some 325/60/18s would look great under it
Auto...:nono: I know. Dodge autos suck ass but we will see how it holds up. I didnt want to fight with a manual right now so I chose to take the auto. I dont plan on many power adders until further down the road so when that takes place I will do the proper transmission work needed. What exactly does a 325/60/18 measure out to...lol:think: Thanks again guys for all the compliments...

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
Nice Kyle...but I am never going to be around that thing with my truck. I'll bring my dads 06 Cummins though...haha!

Are you in Texas now or what?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I would think a lot ofpeople here would enjoy the same truck. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'd probably do the larger of the 2 tire/lift options.

We will be doing our installs soon hopefully. Sounds like we have an IFS lift to do this weekend. I'm flat broke for the moment, hopefully I will be $ comfortable in a week or 2. Cajun wants to finish his in April. I will try too depending on $$. This summer for sure I will have some $ but will probably do the smart thing and invest it to make some good interest. If I get into OCS and make it through there is no way I'm blowing that money on anything I wouldn't want to bleed for.
cut em

1 - 20 of 31 Posts