GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
file2-1.jpg

file5.jpg

took the component backing off because it was too tall.
file4.jpg

took the grille off
file7.jpg

installed the component cross-over and cut the holes for the tweeters and wires.
file6.jpg

installed the tweeter
file8.jpg

put the grille back on, can't really tell it's there..i like it. what do yall think?

file3.jpg

the truck primered from my hit and run...can't even tell it's been wrecked.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Personally, I'm putting my crossovers on the back wall right next to the amp. Some people use the pockets. First time I've seen it where you went. Looks pretty good, though.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....i like it because it's out of the way...and you can't really see it unless you are looking at it. i want to take the screen and glass it with the speakers in that instead of behind it....or do you think that's worthless?

let me know what yall think....this is my first component set to ever install.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've seen some people do pods. Often looks nice. Always figured it was more trouble than benefeit. I'm mounting my Focals to the doors, but using MDF rings. Specifically angled ones to the mids are angled similar to what you'd have if you mounted in kick panels. I was going to make my own, but given my lack of tools, the angle would be a pain, so I just bought these for simplicity...

http://www.able-audio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_22_39&products_id=174&osCsid=bda8e102779c2e6dfbe1728186f895db

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah ha....that's cool...what if i was to screw that angle peice to the grille, glass it up, and paint it..then install the speakers with the grille that came with it then put the tweeter right above it, and the crossover below it or something CRAZY...i need some ideas....

i am at a lack of time, i work shift work...and i dont own a shop...so im uncool.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hmm. I'd be concerned about vibration. Guess it depends on how you do the glass.

Also, FYI, the reason I'm going with hanging the crossovers on the back wall is access without openting doors or always being visible. There is a chance I may want to adjust attenuation switches on the crossovers.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm. I'd be concerned about vibration. Guess it depends on how you do the glass.

Also, FYI, the reason I'm going with hanging the crossovers on the back wall is access without openting doors or always being visible. There is a chance I may want to adjust attenuation switches on the crossovers.
i understand that....

i dont know what im going to do...i am glad you sent me the link for them angled circles..its less work for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts