GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i blew my front door speaker. And I was thinking maybe I would upgrade over the mtx thunder componets, Any suggestions? Or should I just get a new set and have spares?

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts
as far as component speakers, i'm fan of Diamond Audio: Hex or D9 and MB Quartz...

both produce a very bright sound and a reasonable on your wallet, but i wouldn't suggest having a spare set, that just seems like a waste of money to me. Replace it if and when you need to

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
budget?

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Running the fronts and backs off of a 350x4 jl amp. What I really meant by spare was since i was gonna only have to replace one speaker I would have two extra tweeters and one extra speaker, If that makes more sense.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, always replace the full set. It would sound really off otherwise.

You've got a solid amp to power pretty much whatever you want. Def need to hear a budget....
Not really to worried about it, Not gonna go blow a shit ton of money but would like a decent set. The mtxs are nice but I don't know if I wanna go with them again.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
hertz hsk 165... you can get them for around 250.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I have a set of Infinity components and a small MTX amp Im selling

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
I'm glad I seen this thread, been thinking about picking up a set as well.

polk DB series can be had for cheap and sound really good
Think I'll get a set of these for my kick panels soon with the Q-Logic pods, I like the way the grilles look on the polk speakers as well, probably get them color matched.

I've not been impressed with my boston speakers so far.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I have a new question, How good is the mtx 6001 series??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts