GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Viair 380c dual pack and I have installed 4 gauge wire to a distro block with two 60 amp fuses those then go into the relays for the comps. But my main problem is its keep blowing the 100 amp fuse under the hood. It will work for few day then pop. Any idea? The wiring is all wrapped in techflex shielding and I have checked to make sure it not touching ground any where.
Is my fuse to small up front?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
i ran one 60 amp fuse on my 4 ga feeding the 100 amp cont duty soleniod. and it never blew.
disconnect one of the comp run it that way for a while. see if it pops. if nothing then disconnect the other one and run that one only for a few days and see if it pops. this will help figure out if its a bad motor winding thats drawing to much power in the comp.
fill times gonna suck but what are you gonna do ya know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know one of the back fuses popped twice I bet it may be that comp......

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
It's definatley a motor winding. You have plenty in the fuse department, but that one motor is just too wasted. All it takes is to have that bad spot land in the right spot, so when the comp kick on again, it pulls so much juice it blows the fuse. that's why it doesnt do it all the time

·
Registered
410 Posts
i ran one 60 amp fuse on my 4 ga feeding the 100 amp cont duty soleniod. and it never blew.
disconnect one of the comp run it that way for a while. see if it pops. if nothing then disconnect the other one and run that one only for a few days and see if it pops. this will help figure out if its a bad motor winding thats drawing to much power in the comp.
fill times gonna suck but what are you gonna do ya know.
:word:

·
1,847 Posts
My friend had the problem with the same compressors but he had a short or a bad ground wire. Can't remember exactly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts