GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wana know whats the deal with the engine driven compressors. How much harder are they to set up over a normal compressor, and whats the positives to it. Also if anyone has pics of the steps they went through to bag their trucks, or just generall pics of there set ups (4-link's, canti's, front bag mounts and set ups) i would be pretty damn happy. also when baggin the front, how and were do u relocate the front shocks, and out back, whats the purposed of using a bridge notch, instead of just your normal c-notch. Thanx and sorry for so much just tryin to educate myself.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Air Ride Upper and Lower control arms, Cool Ride Bag Kit. Shock relocating bracket came with the kit, as well as the shocks.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
how do u like ur control arms?
Alignment was a snap .. as well as mounting the bags and sway bar to the lowers. As far as ride, can't tell much yet cause my back still isn't done yet. It's for sure my truck doesn't drive like a cadillac with the bump steer and the low profile tires .. but it's not too bad.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone got pics of the back. How hard is it to relocate the shocks up front, and also is there much in runnin the airlines back from the front.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
BouncinsoulAFI said:
and out back, whats the purposed of using a bridge notch, instead of just your normal c-notch. Thanx and sorry for so much just tryin to educate myself.
a bridge notch or step notch is just a much larger notch in the frame allowing the truck to sit lower. The purpose of the bridge is mainly to support the two step notches. But if you're running an over the axle setup, the bridge would be where your top airbag mounting bracket would go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
go to outlawmotorsports.biz there are pics of my set up as i built it and there will pics of a back half being built put up with in the next week or so as soon as i finish it motor drive is nice but high mantince. and took a while to get belt all lined up perfect :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
anyone running their shocks in a different place? i'm getting tired of my shocks rubbing on my rims :read:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
His front shocks rub, not the rears. There is no way you can rub a shock on a KP 6-link.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
didnt think so. mine are no where close to the wheel. my front shocks rubbed when I had my 235/75/16's on, but with the 225/60's they don't rub at all.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
anyone running their shocks in a different place? i'm getting tired of my shocks rubbing on my rims :read:
Mine rubbed with the stockers, but now with the 20s they clear by about 1/8th to 1/4 inch ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts