GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys my parents just picked up an 02 lt hoe with the computer climate control and it was working fine(ac) then we got out of the truck, and about 15min latter when we got back in the blower motor will not really blow any more. keeping in mind the truck has the auto settings and even on auto the fan speed would not change. I believe its the blower motor. guys got any ideas before my rents take it to the dealer

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Turn it to 60* and turn on the auto. Should blow fast and cold. Turn to 90* and it should blow fast and hot. If nothing applies, dealer time.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i was fearin thats what it's NOT doing so i guess gm here we come

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after looking it's defently the blower motor can some1 send me a low down on where it is and how to swap it out

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
It's not the blower motor - there's more too it, the motor doesn't just quit all of a sudden.

This just happened on my 02, it's the Blower Motor Control Processor (resistor pack)

Remove the lower dash shroud, held on my 3 screws and look for this guy.
(Good Luck getting the 3rd, far left screw off near the center console - it's a bitch.)

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

This is the Blower Motor Control Processor, held on by 2 screws. They fry in 1,2 or all speeds, which sounds what happened in your case.

DSC01075.jpg

GM P/N 15305077 around $30 - dealer had it in stock.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you very much we would have bought the new motor and been in the same place so i will have to do this tonight thanks again

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
:thumbsup: Keep us updated!

OH and I should add... I thought I got the wrong part... The replacement looks different. GM revised the design (obviously, because they're failing, you'll see how shitty it is when you take it out)

So don't worry, it fits a little more snug.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chevy said it's the wrong p# but who knows i still got what i need lol thanks again man

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
ok - it's been superceded with

PN # 89019088 or 89019089 for dual zone.

If you give your dealer the last 8 of your vin, he can look up the correct part!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Matt the man! :shaake: Of course, I think he's had like 20 electrical problems to deal with in his time.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah you nailed it 45min latter we have air you are like a walking manual

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts