GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these thought I'd post them. I've never seem them before. Is this a new one or a concept? Either way it looks good to me!!!
0309phr-5camaro01_z.gif

0309phr-5camaro05_z.gif

480702_37_full.gif

0309phr-5camaro02_z.gif

0309phr-5camaro03_z.gif

0309phr-5camaro04_z.gif

0312phr_fifthgen_01_z.gif

0312phr_fifthgen_02_z.gif

0312phr_fifthgen_04_z.gif

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
As far as I know, it's a concept that may very likely be reality w/ some differences. Those pics have been around for over 1.5 years....

The maro's were never going to be totally shelved...just on hiatus (sp?). If I recall, camaro's will be returning in 06 or 07 if things are still going as I've heard.

Cameron

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I like the yellow concept. That one would be nice if it became a reality, which most concepts cars do not or don't look much like t he concept. *cough* Silverado SS *cough*.

·
Registered
658 Posts
thats freakin sweet...i want two.....

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my friend is a camaro addict.. apparently the reason why they stopped the camaro name for now is b/c the plant that produced the vechiles have rights to the names of the cars. And thats why they aren't being built. one more reason why canada sucks....

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
those are badass, i kinda like this retro craze. i wonder what other muscle cars they might bring back? :head:

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
It's true that the plant in St. Therese Quebec had the rights to produce the Camaro if they brought it back. But that's been fixed now since they tore the plant down back in November or December. Now the contract will be up for grabs. Whichever city offers the General the best tax incentives will be the new home of the Camaro.

Apparently when Bob Lutz took over GM, one of the first things he said was to get working on a new Camaro. Rumor has it that the Camaro is coming back, but not the Firebird.

BTW, those concept Camaro's were designed by an 18 year old kid.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Yukon Cornelius said:
Apparently when Bob Lutz took over GM, one of the first things he said was to get working on a new Camaro. Rumor has it that the Camaro is coming back, but not the Firebird.

BTW, those concept Camaro's were designed by an 18 year old kid.
i was gonna say i coulda swore some 18 yr old drew those. and seriously, who thought the camaro was gona forever...they wanted to stop making them have people go NUTS for a year or two...then they bring out the new corvette so everyone who would get a camaro goes and gets a vette and that means more money for GM..now a few years after that 2006,07,08 they bring it back and everybody will freak out because its the rebirth of the camaro and they have to have the first "new" camaros...and trust me the firdbird will be back..well maybe not but the trans am will...come on just look at the name, TRANS AM...those are way cooler then any camaro IMO

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Chevelles NEED to be brought back

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Slash4824 said:
Chevelles NEED to be brought back
they might NEED to be brought back but honestly, would you really want to see what GM would do to it? it wouldnt be the CHEVELLE it needs to be...i think the only thing that should be brought back are the camaro and t/a...now if they had kept the chevelle for 40 years or whatever that might be a diff story...with the camaro they can pretty much change it however they want because its been changed several times...the chevelle was pretty much the same...but oh well

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
well if they tried to do sumthin stupid like they did with the new GTO, then i would have to agree with you. But it they did something like Ford did with the 05 Mustang, then i think a new Chevelle would be killer

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Slash4824 said:
well if they tried to do sumthin stupid like they did with the new GTO, then i would have to agree with you. But it they did something like Ford did with the 05 Mustang, then i think a new Chevelle would be killer
yeahm definetly...i never really cared for old GTOs so im fine with the new one, id never buy one but i think its alright. The new mustang looks cool but its a ford so never gonna buy that. but if they did do that with the chevelle that would really really kick ass. i with dodge and chevy would follow ford, i wanna see a new cuda!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts