GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to build my own fan harness but I cant figure out the best way to connect to pin 42 on the PCM. Just shove the wire in the hole??

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am about to build my own fan harness but I cant figure out the best way to connect to pin 42 on the PCM. Just shove the wire in the hole??
use something small and sharp to poke a hole in the harness, then use just a tiny bit(I mean barely any) of grease on the pcm pin and slide it in. Mine went on without a fuss.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
use something small and sharp to poke a hole in the harness, then use just a tiny bit(I mean barely any) of grease on the pcm pin and slide it in. Mine went on without a fuss.
you will also want to pull the PCM off of the connectors and then slide the pastic (blue or red) covers off. the tabs dont like to slide out enough with those covers on to let the pin in fully without really forcing that shit in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do I need to get a female connector to crimp on the wire and then slide it in the plugged hole??

Pin 42 on my PCM connector just has a little rubber plug in it. Is this what you are talking about poking a small hole in???

Thanks for the help:head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
So do I need to get a female connector to crimp on the wire and then slide it in the plugged hole??

Pin 42 on my PCM connector just has a little rubber plug in it. Is this what you are talking about poking a small hole in???

Thanks for the help:head:
1. yep
2. yep

and thats what the site is here for. ive spent TOO much time recently doing this kind of crap. if you find a place that sells those female terminals, lemme know. im in need of 100+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts