GMC Truck Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice choice. It’s a shame to put a plow on it.
I hear you, if it wasn’t necessary I wouldn’t. Alas, it is. I have a very large driveway and parking area. Paying to have it plowed is quite expensive, and I am never happy with the job when someone else does it.

The good part is that I’ll be doing the push plate install, and wiring install. I will be doing the absolute minimal trimming, and the wiring will be super clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
For the price of a plow. You can buy a cheap 4wheeler with plow. And not torture your truck. You’re going to have to add a leveling kit to it as well to deal with the extra weight

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
For the price of a plow. You can buy a cheap 4wheeler with plow. And not torture your truck. You’re going to have to add a leveling kit to it as well to deal with the extra weight

I already own the whole setup. I do have to buy the light wiring loom (can’t use the Toyota one) and push plates.

My driveway & parking area is almost a 1/4 of an acre. Doing that size area 4’ at a time on a 600# 4wheeler would take forever. We just got 4” of heavy wet snow, a wheeler would have been a major PITA to push all that heavy wet snow. I should also mention that I do plow an elderly relatives driveway a few miles down the road.

At the end of the day, the plow is going on. I’ll be doing it myself, and I’ll be taking care to make it as clean as possible.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would't imagine the truck would be too majorly hurt by it if you're only doing your driveway and your neighbors.. keep it clean

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah, I did it with my 05 SLT for almost 8 years. Truck never had an issue related to the plow, and did a great job...and that was with the 5.3! Can’t wait to see how this 6.2 does.

I’m going to be doing the basic tune package from Blackbear, plus adding AFM disable.

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
Yeah, I did it with my 05 SLT for almost 8 years. Truck never had an issue related to the plow, and did a great job...and that was with the 5.3! Can’t wait to see how this 6.2 does.

I’m going to be doing the basic tune package from Blackbear, plus adding AFM disable.

Is it still under the power train warranty?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Is it still under the power train warranty?

Not the factory warranty. The dealership offers a A/M warranty (4/48k) that I did buy. It’s a very nice warranty, and it is not affected by a plow, or a tune, or a lift (non-frame modification). I asked about all those specifically.

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
Is that in writing? Because I’m willing to bet the salesman was blowing smoke up your ass to get you to buy their warranty.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
How many miles are on the truck? That might actually be the first HC I’ve seen with the black interior.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
60k on the tuck. Inside it is immaculate. The PO took good care of it for sure.

Exterior is a 9 out of 10. A few blemishes here and there, but a good thorough detail with some correction and it look great! There is one scratch (passenger side front fender) that I didn’t see. I’m going to bring it to our body guy (we have a body shop owner in the family). Hoping I can get that taken care of reasonably cheap....we shall see.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts