GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys! My center console currently looks like this.

finishedconsole.jpg

I'm about to start a project to change it up. I am going to built a new fiberglass top for it, that include my gauges and permanently mounted switches instead of my switch box. So I'm looking for some suggestions/ideas on other possible changes i should consider. This sometimes is a daily so it needs to be practical. Thanks for any input.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I dont have any suggestions, but that looks fucking sweet

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and i wouldn't change it if i didn't need to. My air gauges are above my mirror and they keep pulling the mirror off the windshield. This is the 4th time in less than a year.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
are you going to make the console reach all the way to the dash? it would look cool to see the shifter in a custom console. would the shifter obstruct the view of the gauges if you mount them where the cig lighter would go?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a thought i've had. But not sure if i will take it to the dash or not. Yeah being in the cig lighter spots would obstruct plus i have 3 gauges.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
That is a thought i've had. But not sure if i will take it to the dash or not. Yeah being in the cig lighter spots would obstruct plus i have 3 gauges.
you have an idea of where you want to mount the gauges? are you looking for for a custom mounting spot? I would think you are limited because of the shifter if that is the case.:imo

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
where is his shifter going to go? I couldn't see a spot for it in your drawing

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
OMG one of my favorite trucks on here!!! Have you decided if you want to make the console go around the shifter or just up to it? I would def. incorporate some cupholders as well if this is a daily sometimes...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually do have cupholders they were not installed in the pic i posted. I cannot see the posted pic at work so I'll check it out when i get home.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Marcos. I have a couple idea I'm floating around in my head but it would be a total interior strip down and rebuild from the dash back.

YOu have any input Marcos, or you think i have it covered?

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
I think you have it covered, I really like mine in that location :) but mine isn't cool and custom like yours lol. But I can't wait til you start!

·
Registered
921 Posts
If your looking for clean i took my HVAC setup out and moved it to the piece below the cigarrette lighter and im putting my three gauges in place of the HVAC system. Im goin to build a console later on as well to incorporate a subwoofer and my switches but i didnt want to run my gauges there. I also have an 02 with a stick

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
So is there a subwoofer in yours now? are you going to add one in this one?

Maybe a more itemized list of features would help generate ideas.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes my console has 2 10s in it. The only thing my new one must have is my air gauges and switches and subs or amps. I'm thinking about moving my subs to a more traditional behind seat box and mount my amps under the console. And i have cup holders that mount to the front on whatever i do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts