GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some opinions with you guys that are running control arms. i want to get rid of the drop springs im using and get some 4" lca's and uca's and put my stock springs back in. you guys that are running control arms, whats the ride like? i know with my springs is a little bit bouncy and it gets kinda annoying every now and then. any help would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
178 Posts
We do up to 8 trucks a week with 4" drop control arms with 0 complaints, from the customers or my self. The only way you will need the upper control arm is if you do the 5" drop, even then it is a maybe. Let me know I've got it all in stock.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i personally would run a 2" McGaughys spindle with a 2" lowering coil BUT thats only if you are able to run it with a 17"+ diameter wheel. my 4" LCAs havent given me problems but ive heard of many others who do not seem to like them. as far as the ride, the arms often give the truck bumpsteer and some cannot get their wheels aligned correctly with them. just a few issues that many experience with them.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Yeah I have just the 2" LCA's and notice a lot of bump steer. I'm actually considering swapping my LCA's for spindles. Not sure yet...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
We do up to 8 trucks a week with 4" drop control arms with 0 complaints, from the customers or my self. The only way you will need the upper control arm is if you do the 5" drop, even then it is a maybe. Let me know I've got it all in stock.
Do you guys have a website yet? :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts