GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Silverado and the only conversion kit i can find is for an escalde front end...my question is, is there anyway to convert the '92 front end to say a '99 silverado or sierra front end? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I have a 1992 Silverado and the only conversion kit i can find is for an escalde front end...my question is, is there anyway to convert the '92 front end to say a '99 silverado or sierra front end? Thanks in advance guys.
you can do anything with a welder, body filler and a cutoff wheel

To answer your question, yes you can but it's definantly not a bolt on affair. there is a shit load of work especially to make the body lines match.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can do anything with a welder, body filler and a cutoff wheel

To answer your question, yes you can but it's definantly not a bolt on affair. there is a shit load of work especially to make the body lines match.
oh ok, that's all i needed to know, thanks Random.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You could upgrade to the newer of the OBS front ends, that would make it look much better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could upgrade to the newer of the OBS front ends, that would make it look much better.
sorry, i'm new to the whole truck scene, what do you mean OBS? lol you can give me links or so to read of important information or so. Thanks for the info so far guys.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
obs=old body style as in 88-98 body style trucks He's talking about getting the 95-98 front end from a silverado/sierra. they look MUCH better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok, i got ya....i just don't care for the more square headlights, i like the rounded look of the 1999 model....but it looks like it's gonna be a lot of work to do that, i would be better off buying one.....just trying to get some ideas cause the truck is being given to me for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts