GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 92 fullsize Blazer and was wondering if anybody had a link that might help me convert my stock Rear end to a Dana 60 with like 4.11 gears. This is the beginning to a full overhaul so keep the problematic speculation minimal please. Thanks in advance.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
why a d60 rear? id highly recommend a 14bff. Cheaper all the way around, stronger, and better design. Its honestly not that difficult to toss one in the rear, just get the perches welded up to match your spring width, weld on shock tabs where needed, and get the s44-1350 conversion joint. I don't have the PN off hand, but i can get it if need be. Are you going to run stock drums or convert to disc? Theres pros and cons for both.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I agree with Wicked Nick. 14 bolts are cheap to buy, cheap to build strong, and many parts are available at any parts store in your area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking a 14 bolt in the first place but My Good friend recommended that I check out to see if there was a quick conversion kit for a D60 then try the 14 bolt. Thanks for the info, if anyone could eventually (no hurry) give me a link for some of the parts thanks. Oh and I'm still thinking about running discs.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yeah I was thinking a 14 bolt in the first place but My Good friend recommended that I check out to see if there was a quick conversion kit for a D60 then try the 14 bolt. Thanks for the info, if anyone could eventually (no hurry) give me a link for some of the parts thanks. Oh and I'm still thinking about running discs.
What parts are you looking for links to? If you find a 14FF out of a 3/4 ton, the spring perches should be in the right postion to put under your 1/2 ton. A FF from a 1-ton will have slightly different perch widths, and require you to move them. U-bolts can be picked up at many different places, as can the proper U-joint. Like Nick said he could maybe even get you the PN.

Let us know exactly what you are looking for and we'll try to help you out.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
IIRC the perches arent right for either one. Just on one ton models you dont have to remove the old perches, they are far enough away not to cause problems. Axist6 did that. Drew had a 3/4 ton ff and perches had to be removed.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
casey he has a 92'...aka OBS

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
haha i know how that goes, but i doubt he is doin sas so a 14ff is prolly out of the question, a 6 lug 4wd model 14sf is right up your alley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts