GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am gonna buy a project truck to do up, and was wondering if you can convert a 2000 silvy to a nbs SS Silverado. I know you can get SS bumpers and valances, but i want to make like an Escalade full conversion, except convert it to an SS, headlights, quarter panels, grille, hood, all of that. If anyone knows let me know. Cause i was looking into the Escalade conversion and sylin concepts and one other company want like $3,000 or something like that. Just wondering if there is a company or a conversion kit for this application.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes you can convert it to an 03-06 front end. I've been thinkin the same swap. You'll need 03+ fenders, hood, headlights, turn signals, grille, grille shelle, headlight buckets, bumper, bumper brackets, and your gonna have to cut off your old frame horns and put in some 03+ frame horns.

If I was you, I'd go for the 06 front end.
There is a great writeup on this exact swap in the Truckin' magazine.(Volume 33, No. 2 December 19,2006-January 15,2007 issue)

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you really want the 03+ front end look, then it would be a lot cheaper to just to purchase an 03
well actually not compared to buying a 1999/2000, there's a lot of difference in price from that year to go an '03. But it's possible to swap to the NNBS, that would be really sick, like a new '07 tahoe front clip or somehting.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
There was an article in Truckin a few months back about doing this exact thing: 99-02 Silverado to the 03+ Fron't end with an SS bumper cover.

Besides the front end you'll need the SS rear bumper and all the body cladding, and that cladding is pretty fucking expensive if I recall correctly

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah i'll have to see if i can find that article somehow, i get the magazine, but i don't recall that. What month was it done in for Truckin?

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is a great writeup on this exact swap in the Truckin' magazine.(Volume 33, No. 2 December 19,2006-January 15,2007 issue)
Go to the Truckin website and get the issue with the slammed chevy with the escalade front end. I got it for like 9 bucks off the website just for the ss swap.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i spent around 1100 bucks total for my swap including paint, way cheaper to keep what ya got if you can find some good deals. if you wanna know anything you can drop me a line.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i spent around 1100 bucks total for my swap including paint, way cheaper to keep what ya got if you can find some good deals. if you wanna know anything you can drop me a line.
did you go with everything oem or did you get aftermarker fenders and such?
Also where did you find your stuff if you dont mind.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yah can you post some pics and explain where you got everything.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
aftermarket fenders suck!!! from what ive come to find out its a hit of miss...one of mine lines up perfect...the other lines up but doesnt sit in flush with the rest of the body of the truck..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yup, I was kinda weary of going with aftermarket fenders for that reason. I've looked on ebay but haven't really found much oem fenders, hood, etc. Everything seems aftermarket.

Ive also looked on gmpartsdirect, but they're shipping is outrageous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts