GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some more down to the truck today, without the valves wasn't able to get the Ride Pro system hooked up. But we did get to test the compressor and tank.

Front suspension together, ART Cool Ride with upper and lower arms. Just have to strap down the brake lines and antilock.

Aired out in the front, front fenderwells laying on the tops of the factory tires.

Front skid plate on the ground, of course the when the back goes down this will come back up, but for now it's laying :naughty:

Put one of my brothers 255/55-18s on to see if it would tuck and it did.

Truck aired up, having trouble to get the front end up anymore but this is plenty of clearance to get over obstacles. Clear corners are now in too :cheers:

Issue with shock rubbing tire at full turn, is this normal?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
my stock 16's rubbed the hell out of the shock at full turn. rubbed a white ring all the way around the inside of the tire. then i got the 225/60/16s and no more rubbing.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chevyman992002 said:
my stock 16's rubbed the hell out of the shock at full turn. rubbed a white ring all the way around the inside of the tire. then i got the 225/60/16s and no more rubbing.
Good to know, it seems it would only be an issue at low speeds since you wouldn't want to turn the wheel all the way at highway speeds :burnout:

I saw your pics in the lifted thread ... what pressure does it take you to get your front end up like that? the picture of my truck sitting level is pretty much as high as we could get it, it might have went a bit more. Someone said it was because my shock was limiting the suspension and if I took them off it would probably go up more. It went up plenty high enough to get me over anything I might encounter though.

Of course I don't have anyone else with the cool ride and both control arms to compare to .. the control arms are supposed to be designed to ride lower, so they might not let you go as high.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
bcubed said:
Good to know, it seems it would only be an issue at low speeds since you wouldn't want to turn the wheel all the way at highway speeds :burnout:

I saw your pics in the lifted thread ... what pressure does it take you to get your front end up like that? the picture of my truck sitting level is pretty much as high as we could get it, it might have went a bit more. Someone said it was because my shock was limiting the suspension and if I took them off it would probably go up more. It went up plenty high enough to get me over anything I might encounter though.

Of course I don't have anyone else with the cool ride and both control arms to compare to .. the control arms are supposed to be designed to ride lower, so they might not let you go as high.
My front end was around 120-130psi in that pic. And I have all the stock a-arms and spindles.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IRS'd layinbody said:
when you get big hoops you guys should have a problem... that is indeed a awesome front kit. good work dude.
Should have a problem? or shouldn't? :jawdrop:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chevyman992002 said:
im guessing he meant we shouldn't have problems.
I figured so :naughty:

My valves came in today, but the extension wiring harness they sent me was the wrong thing, so now they have to send me a replacement for that too. Why can't they send me something really expensive that I didn't order but could certainly use? :evillol:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I don't have a skid plate anymore, I took mine off last month cause it was ripped to hell. Ofcourse I'm going to start building one out of metal next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts