GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a shop today and was trying to get a price for the cool ride system w/ uppers and lowers and they said that a few people have done it with 22's and have had problems getting the front end aligned properelly. They said it was better to use 2" spindles with the stock uppers and lowers if i was going to be running 22's

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
That's what I would do... Stock lowers and uppers with a 2" drop spindle. It'll tuck better laid out on a wide 22.

But if you are cosidering bodydropped and scraping those front fender walls, then you might be in a different league.

I personally would use the stock arms cuz it's cheaper and there really isn't need for the Air ride arms on that big of a wheel. Maybe a 20" rim or smaller though.

BigB has stock arms an 2" spindles on 22's I think. And here is even a truck on stock arms, spindles and bag cups On 22's

... on that wide of a Wheel, you WANT negative camber when laid out. You could even just get bag cups and shock relocators for now... then see how it is. If you want to change it, get the spindles.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have spindles left from trying to get it bagged before i guess i should just use those

i just figured the cool ride would be easier to install

i have billet rims that tuck by about a 1/2" or more so i dont need alot of n. camber

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
The lower arms are nice though, cause they have your bag mount, sway bar mounts and shock mount already ... makes installing a snap.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
im running stock upper and lower control arms, and stock spindles. i bolted up a set of 22x10 b. coddingtons with a 7" backspace and tucked them all the way in and was about 3/4" from laying in the front, with my fender wells still intact.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm running stock control arms and spindals up front. I had the front end aligned at about a 4/6 and it aligned just fine. I have alot of negative camber when laid out, but i don't drive that low, so it doesn't matter.

Trey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts