GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Silverady and its bagged right now. One of my shocks blew and they cost about $80 so instead of buying new shocks i've been thinking of getting the cool ride kit because everyone says its the sh*t. If i get should i go with the upper and lowers, and the HAL adjustable shocks. anyone have this setup. what kind of ride quality are you getting. If i'm gonna spend that type of money, i want it to be real good ride quality. as of right now i waiting to install a new engine driven compressor. i'm gonna sell my two thomas' if anyones interested. besides that getting a fuel cell and getting some analog guages and selling my digitals. anyway i want some input on the cool ride. thanks guys

ps; i'll post pics of truck later today

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, it's def. one of the best kits to get. The kits can just bolt in with your stock arms BUT if you get the UCA and LCA you will have ideal geometry at a lower stance. The other option with the LCA is that you can get them to run shockwaves.....if you want handling than that would be best IMO since it has an integrated HAL shock. You can run a HAL on the coolride too....either way is nice.

It really is a very well engineered kit and well worth the dough IMO.

Cameron

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks man. the only reason i'm staying away from the shockwaves is that cuz i heard you can't completely lay out. and that theres not too much lift. and i can get just about the same ride quality with the cool ride and lay out and get lift. so thats why i'm attracted to the cool ride.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I have the upper and lower control arms and cool ride ... the ride, I can't totally comment on as I haven't done my back yet and that is effecting the ride. We had a thread going about steering wheel shimmy and bump steer and it seems no matter what kit you get this will be an issue. It's liveable though.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not compeltely sure why the ride isn't good with your truck as it has been with others. i keep hearing great stories on the cool ride kit. i think the back is greatly affecting your ride in the front but then again i'm no suspension expert, if i was i wouldn't be rebagging my truck

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Doughboy said:
i'm not compeltely sure why the ride isn't good with your truck as it has been with others. i keep hearing great stories on the cool ride kit. i think the back is greatly affecting your ride in the front but then again i'm no suspension expert, if i was i wouldn't be rebagging my truck
Oh I know it's my back, I'm sitting on the bumpstops (they've also been cut down) ... I get a bonus soon and that will buy me my KP 4-link and cantilever ... then it will just be finding time to install it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bcubed said:
Oh I know it's my back, I'm sitting on the bumpstops (they've also been cut down) ... I get a bonus soon and that will buy me my KP 4-link and cantilever ... then it will just be finding time to install it.
its well worth the wait!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts