GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was goign to call Tony at Air Ride today and see when I might expect my parts next week, but damn if Fed-Ex didn't already show up with it! That's what I call good service .... might not be able to put it on until next weekend.

For anyone else who has Air Ride Cool Ride with upper and lower control arms, how long did it take you to do your install?

Time to cut my truck up :superhack
 

·
03 Tahoe
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Should take more time to take apart than put together....lol. It usually takes me around 1 hour per side to totally dissasemble and then usually 1/2 that time to reassemble. That's usually for static drops w/ arms....that bag stuff and line routing will add on time. Maybe 5-6 hours total max for both f sides.

Cameron
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Physh1 said:
Should take more time to take apart than put together....lol
I want to be real carefull with the ball joint installs .. we smashed one of mine when we put the dropped coils in ... freaked me out the first time I saw the suspension, I had never seen a lower ball joint face down, ugh.
 

·
Orale Homes....
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
bcubed said:
I want to be real carefull with the ball joint installs .. we smashed one of mine when we put the dropped coils in ... freaked me out the first time I saw the suspension, I had never seen a lower ball joint face down, ugh.
For the cool ride install (at least the way I did it) you only have to worry about separating the upper one and it was a PITA for me. The lower shock mount on the cool ride kit is weld on, so make sure you can get somebody (or yourself) to weld it. Also make sure that you compress the front suspension all the way before you make your measurements and install the lower shock mount. :)
 

·
Orale Homes....
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
groundscraper said:
For the cool ride install (at least the way I did it) you only have to worry about separating the upper one and it was a PITA for me. The lower shock mount on the cool ride kit is weld on, so make sure you can get somebody (or yourself) to weld it. Also make sure that you compress the front suspension all the way before you make your measurements and install the lower shock mount. :)
Oh, snap, I didn't realize you bought the Upper and Lowe control arms..... :anitoof: :doh2:
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bcubed said:
LOL, yeah I have more money than sense :naughty:
Obviously!

Well, we got the front end done, just need to strap down the brake lines and such. My 2-way Ride Pro came in, but the freaking valves weren't in the box! :wtf:

So I called and they are sending them to me, I also got an extension to the wiring harness as I didn't see anyway that that 10 ft harness that came with it was going to work. I guess we will start mounting the gauges and switches and running all the wires and airlines, when the vavles come in I should have everything else ready to go.

To top it all, my wheels and tires are in, I just have no truck to go get them in!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top