GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master of Light
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing around with the lights in the night mist at the ranch.

The newest addition are a pair of Laser off-road lights. (Hyperspot LEDs eat your heart out) The range on these things are incredible and you can see the beam in the air even on a clear night.

Main beam headlights are 2.8" Bi-LED projectors.

Fog lights are custom 6" dual row Aurora flood pattern in Amber. They are the most powerful amber LED fog lights I have ever seen and do a great job cutting through dense fog or night rain.

For truly crappy visibility conditions (originally design for blizzards, but now I live in Texas so used only for heavy rain) I have a Low-Visibility system. It consists of a Custom built 20" Aurora dual row in spot pattern (can provide plenty of illumination at night for save traveling in heavy snow/fog with minimal glare) Rear is illuminated by 3w wide angle "rain lights" on warning flashers on the license plate below fog level and a pair of 3w Red high intensity spot lights form Oznium.com on the sport bar provide visibility in heavy rain by keeping out of spray.

Attachments

·
Master of Light
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep me updated.
How do they compair to HIDs
There really is no comparison. I have searched for years for an HID powered spotlight. The closest thing I found was the KC Pro sport spot pattern. Anything HID or LED powered has to focus the light into a perfect pencil beam to compare to the lasers.

I'm planning to combine these into my high beam function when I replace my LED bulb-in-reflector high beam with a dedicated High beam LED projector to reduce foreground glare. The combination of Bi-LED projector, Dedicated LED projector and Laser for high beams should give me unparalleled long-range vision for rural highway driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts