GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2682 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you guys know I found a mint 2007 Duramax with 22k miles on it in California. It's been a little over six months since I first heard about this truck and I finally had it delivered today.

:favorites37:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLR6dQ5MH28&list=UUFT08wmYl4vfuY4SO3LsiHA&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91ld0Q1VEU&list=UUFT08wmYl4vfuY4SO3LsiHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

DSLR was dead so all the pictures/videos are from my GoPro

Easily the cleanest used truck I've ever seen. The frame looks like my Dad's 2012 as far as cleanliness goes.

GOPR0049.jpg

GOPR0050.jpg

GOPR0051.jpg

GOPR0052.jpg

GOPR0053.jpg

Plans:

Cosmetic:

Debadge except for duramax/allison badge done
Colormatched mirrors tailgate handle/bezel done
Raise front bumper 2 1/4" done
Cognito 4-6" NTBD with Cognito UCA's and Bilstein 5100's done
Cognito support braces done
Cognito HD tie rods done
22x10.5" Chrome BMF Novakanes done
285/55/22 Trail Grapplers done
1.5" wheel spacers done - decided to get 2" instead
LED's all around inside and out done
Clear corners and clear stock lights or Denali lights (I have a spare set of non cleared Denali's but am too lazy to open them up) done
Esky/Denali Handles door handles done
02 HD Hood
35% shield with 5% brow, 15% on other 5
Not sure about suede with this interior color

Engine:
68mm FPE Cheetah
Full EGR Delete
Built trans
lift pump
EFILive tuning
injectors/higher flowing CP3 eventually
PCV Reroute
3" Downpipe
5" MBRP exhaust

Sound/Video:
Has a Parrot BT system
Has screens in the headrests
Some Nav unit ...have a Pioneer 910bt in my 06 and really like that, may go with a z11xx series though
Haven't decided which way I want to go for subs.... behind the seat/under the seat or if I should get tahoe buckets and build a rear center console. Most likely 2 10's behind/under or a 12" if I do a center console build. I don't want it to be too bulky
may sound deaden it with mat and foam.

I'll keep this updated

:D

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I cant wait to see you play with this thing, its gonna look sick. I havent kept up with your plans for the other truck, are you still trying to sell that or are you going to keep it and not put as many miles on the CC?

·
meow
15,748 Posts
"its just my video camera, I've never had a truck delivered"

Very cool dude. Dream truck for at least 50% of people on here. Very jelly, I'm sure this will be perfect like your last two. I'd leave the bench in the back :imo

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
I have been waiting on this thread....can't wait to see the planned mods done
:word: What trans are you going to run and also do you still have that link to Duramax Diesels forum about building the Allison? Also what happened to running twins and are you going to be running the All Seasons EGR delete?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Dont mind me askin how much? and thats the cleanest nbs Ive ever seen.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
gonna be sweet especially with those engine mods... u should paint the frame its a lot of work but sooo worth it when ur done

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
gonna be nice. my 02 i got from utah was flawless on the underside too, fucking sticker were legible still. damn you old man winter...sidenote just got home from the cities, people so can't drive over there :nono:

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shit sounds like it ll be a beast
I just want a nice DD that isn't over the top... 35's and 4" lift is about right for me

I have been waiting on this thread....can't wait to see the planned mods done
Me either :shake: I'll get a lot of it done this coming week hopefully.

I cant wait to see you play with this thing, its gonna look sick. I havent kept up with your plans for the other truck, are you still trying to sell that or are you going to keep it and not put as many miles on the CC?
I want it to go to Rassy but I haven't heard from him since last Tuesday. :shrug: He was ready to send his truck back to the dealership and come get it. Maybe plans have changed. Honestly I don't need two Duramax's at 22 its a little excessive and I bought the 07 outright so my bank account isn't as full as I'd like it to be being laid off over winter and all. But I could keep it. I'd rather sell it and I want to pick up a early 90's 190e for a project/lame DD

"its just my video camera, I've never had a truck delivered"

Very cool dude. Dream truck for at least 50% of people on here. Very jelly, I'm sure this will be perfect like your last two. I'd leave the bench in the back :imo
lol, it's true!

I do want to leave the bench so that's why I'm conflicted. Don't usually have passengers either and at most it's my GF or a buddy sitting shotty.

Perfect truck in every way! Only to get better :head:
I almost just want to leave it alone :LOL:

:word: What trans are you going to run and also do you still have that link to Duramax Diesels forum about building the Allison? Also what happened to running twins and are you going to be running the All Seasons EGR delete?
I'll most likely go down to Fleece or Huckstorf and get it built. Plan on using one of Mike L's new converters and a kit from him as well. If I had went to get the truck I was going to pay Inglewood Trans a visit but ended up having it shipped for a decent price.

I'll see where I am with just the 68mm Cheetah. I want to do twins but I also don't feel like building the motor right away. Twins are on hold for now.
As for the All Season EGR delete people say it won't fit under the stock GMC hood so if I went that route I'd have to get the HD hood done asap. And finding a decent one around here isn't easy.

Dont mind me askin how much? and thats the cleanest nbs Ive ever seen.
I wanted to pay max of 32 for it but the guy didn't need to sell it and 32 wasn't enough for him.... 33k

sell me the non painted tows
They're getting painted :crazy: and the painted ones are staying on the 06

gonna be nice. my 02 i got from utah was flawless on the underside too, fucking sticker were legible still. damn you old man winter...sidenote just got home from the cities, people so can't drive over there :nono:
It got here at about 12:30. I really don't want to drive it in the winter either. Damn salt. Although this year hasn't been so bad.

Can't wait to see the progress! Do the TG's that you are getting measure out to be 35's?
They are 34 1/2" on my BMF's so close enough :jester:

I really don't want to rub either with all the bouncing around I do on jobsites.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
Yeah I wasn't sure but 35's on that with a 4" would be perfect. I wouldn't change anything other than the LED's in the interior, like you said it is flawless and loaded too!

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I wasn't sure but 35's on that with a 4" would be perfect. I wouldn't change anything other than the LED's in the interior, like you said it is flawless and loaded too!
Yeah I got 5k LED's for the interior so they won't be the blue tint of the 6k in the 06

ANyone have any idea what those Thule ladder racks are worth?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sweet truck, why not go with the 71.5mm Cheetah? What about headers/up pipes, they make deleting the EGR pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 2682 Posts