GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Corsa Muffler on ebay and researched it and it came up for a 2007 6.2L Cadillac Escalade EXT & ESV, Yukon Denali XL Single Rear Exit w/ Twin 4.0” Pro-Series Tips. I have a 2000 Tahoe Lt 5.3L and I've put a Corsa 4" exhaust tip kit on and I was wondering if I could replace my muffler with this one, or if it is really a vehicle specific muffler.

I was going to have a local exhaust shop fit it in for me, so they'd probably be able to make it all work together.

Let me know if my plans would work before I try to buy it. Thanks

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah, it's just a universal muff now... do as you wish. :shake:

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm muff....oh sorry lost train of thought for a second:insane:

Anyways....Thanks:shake: Now if no one else tries to beat me out of it I think I'll go for it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I'd probably remove the link from here lol

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
The mufflers are really vehicle specific. As in its designed for each specific truck to tone out drone. But as long as its 3" you can still use it.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd probably remove the link from here lol
Well I didn't put it in at first but thought I'd throw it in so you all would be able to see what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll take it out. :secret:

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mufflers are really vehicle specific. As in its designed for each specific truck to tone out drone. But as long as its 3" you can still use it.
I figured there's not really a difference in between the vehicle's it's for, they are just a little bit longer of a vehicle.

·
Registered
840 Posts
What would you use for a y-pipe to tie into your dual tails?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I figured there's not really a difference in between the vehicle's it's for, they are just a little bit longer of a vehicle.
That and some actually get more internal baffles to make their "RSC" effective.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What would you use for a y-pipe to tie into your dual tails?
The muffler is a single in/out and I don't have dual rear exit, it just exits out on the passenger's side. Here's a pic of the one I have on there.

4916_0.gif

Ehh kind of a shitty picture, but you can tell it's only one pipe that would come out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts