GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got the corsa touring cat-back installed today. Took me an hour or so. I didn't realize how quiet it is. I hope that it gets a little louder with use. It is raining here so I couldn't take it out for a spin.

I have the dynatech headers with high flow cats sitting in the shop. Should I go ahead an put them on or wait till I get the $$ for the tune? I haven't found too much info on running long tubes on a stock tuned '08 5.3.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Lar

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
go ahead and toss on the LTs. they will help some, as is...and combined with a tune, will be that much more beneficial. BTW...my corsa touring is quite till about 2800+ rpm, then it starts to sing. by the time it hits 5K+, everyone knows its there...

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
dont worry about it. you can hear mine above 2K rpm, go ahead and throw the headers on

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
I want pics.:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
So you have enough money for dynatechs setup and corsa but not 200 for a tune :crazy: that's like 2000 dollars worth of exhaust. I would go ahead and throw them on and wait for the tune

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do drive in the rain but it was the first time in 2 weeks it has rained and I just finished detailing out my truck on Friday.

I got the headers and exhaust locally for $1k even. The guy bought them for his truck and decided to go another route. I sold one of my camera lens that I rarely use to fund this. Unfortunately i don't have another one to sell. The wife is really not too keen on me putting mods on a truck that I've only had for 2 weeks. I was going to attempt to go to the blackbear tune session in gulfport, ms in oct. but I cannot get off that weekend to go. I would go local but I have heard mixed things about them and they are $200 more than a mail order tune. I do have an email into Justin with black bear.

I think that I'm going to wait till sat to install the headers. I left the instructions at work and I seem to have come down with either a bad cold or a non swine flu.

thanks for the help
Lar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts