GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checkin out ebay and was lookin at the vette servos, and ive seen the basic servos with rings for like $12, then they had one with a new pin for like $27, then there was one that had one with the servo, valve, and piston for $35. what would be the advantages of buyin the one with the valve and piston also compared to the basic servo??

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Post links and I'll tell ya what those parts are for. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Damn hitman, more transmission questions. When will the madness stop?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
SierraCrew said:
Damn hitman, more transmission questions. When will the madness stop?

Never! :jester: But that's okay, I help the best I can. :anitoof:

·
5,501 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
First kit is what most use, it's just the apply piston with o-rings. That's mkay.

Second is with a pin, the pin w/o the line is the longest. Longer pin allows you to set clearance exactly. Most stock pins are fine, so I wouldn't see the need for the extra expense of the pin.

Last is the first servo w/ what appears to be the aluminum accumulator pistons. I like them a lot. Stockers are plastic and like to crack under pressure causing a drop in line pressure thus making the 1-2 upshift slip.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So in your opinion, would it be worth the little bit of extra cash to get the last one? I guess it would be better to replace the plastic stuff with metal anyways. $35 isn't that much money anyways and tomorrows pay day, so if u say its worth it Eric, ill get something like that.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
RedneckDude said:
So in your opinion, would it be worth the little bit of extra cash to get the last one? I guess it would be better to replace the plastic stuff with metal anyways. $35 isn't that much money anyways and tomorrows pay day, so if u say its worth it Eric, ill get something like that.

Oh yeah, I replaced all my plastic shit in mine! I have those aluminum ones from GM in there. I'm going to put in pinless accumulator pistons... those are them smaller ones. The pinless ones will show no wear or hyd leaks but they aren't really necessary unless you're just wanting to end all problems... then I'd recommend a nice TransGo setup to go along with that 'Vette servo. :D

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i went ahead and ordered it...hopefully i will have time to install it next weekend. :rocking:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
:D Cool deal, should help nicely!

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I havn't gotten the chance to start puttin apart the tranny today, but where do the valves and pistons come in to play? I was lookin at the install tech article on here and since it was just for the basic servo kit, it didn't go into detail about the other stuff...can anyone gimme an idea of what to do with the valves and piston?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
RedneckDude said:
I havn't gotten the chance to start puttin apart the tranny today, but where do the valves and pistons come in to play? I was lookin at the install tech article on here and since it was just for the basic servo kit, it didn't go into detail about the other stuff...can anyone gimme an idea of what to do with the valves and piston?

Those other parts go into the accumulator body. It's a lil cup looking deal that attached to the VB. Up toward the passanger front of the case I believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts