GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could only find costs on door handles, shaving, etc...

Anyway, whats the average cost to have a fullsize truck painted? I'm not talking the $199 Ambassador special at MAACO. I want factory like paint with clear... No body work needed other than whatever it takes to rough up the existing paint.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Original color, for a nice job around here would run you $2000. But while I was in cali my dad had some work done that would of cost maybe $300 here and it cost him $600 out there.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah color change, white to charcoalish factory color. If it helps only the cab and bed need to be painted, front clip has already been done, thats what I want to match. Not cocerned with the firewall. So I guess the door jams would be the only important part.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
i got quoted about 2k to repaint my 00 ext cab the factory color.. that was with a discount.. but i do live in the bayarea so pricing is on the HIGH side.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is that a yukon in your sig?
Any chance you got pic's of the cutting process and close pic's of the cut's?
I'm doing it to my 2dr this weekend probably.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about if I strip the truck myself before I take it in? Save anything? I could pull the weatherstripping that they want removed and all that and then loosen up the bed so I can drive it there and take a few bolts and yank it off myeslf...

·
Donk Rider
672 Posts
i paid 1500 for a two tone and some little pieces painted..didnt do jams which is ok for now. And i had it back in 3 days.

That was everything.

Next time its painted the whole damn truck will be touched

1 - 13 of 13 Posts