GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Blue on Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off, you guys are really great and supportive in having answers to problems that the normal Google search wouldn't have.

Secondly, my problem is that I bought some OE leather seats with all the whistles off eBay a shade tooo light. What I bought was a 2 toned pewter/dk pewter set of captain's chairs out of a 2006 Silvy but after finding some pics of my interior I learned that I have either the very dk pewter or charcoal interior.

So, my question is could you give me your opinion on the most efficient way to remedy this problem without having to resell the seats to buy charcoal ones?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
They make dye for leather and other fabrics, i forget the name.. but its an acronym or something. Samcarroll has a thread on here where he dyed his console. it looked great, but i dunno if it would be durable enough for seats since they see a little more wear. That would be an option.. aside from that, maybe selling them for cash and buying a set of katzkins? probably not what you wanted to hear but thats the best i know

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
SEM, I think is what Chris is talking about, and he pretty much covered my opinion of it.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
DING! Thats what i was looking for.

itd be a hassle, but id try to sell what you had and just do katzkins. factory front and rear leather around here snags about $500 average, so you could ebay some katzkins for that if not maybe just a little more.. and theyre way more trick than just a stock setup. i had them in my last truck and loved them.

·
Whatcha wanna do???
1,951 Posts
If you got the two toned Denali seats, you could probably sell them for more than charcoal seats would cost. :imo

That is, if you didn't get raped on the price you paid for them.

·
Blue on Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More than likely I got raped, I paid 760 for them and they do everything except massage haha. What if I was to add charcoal inserts in the middle?

here's a pic

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
having custom work done to them would probably cost more than youd lose selling and rebuying or just getting katzkins :imo

·
Blue on Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was toying with that idea as well. It just seems like it's gonna be a hassle to get them sold.

ps. Did the pic show up?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
if they are in good shape and the whole seat, i would think you would be able to turn them back around for what you paid. :imo
i paid $700 for just 40/20/40 katzkin covers.

·
Blue on Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha thanks!

Damn you got lucky!

The guy who sold them hooked me up with free shipping from FL and I hate the taste of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts