GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!! I've been stocking this forum for years now and I need some help on a couple things. I've searched and searched but I either would like more up to date information or the searches came up with to much sh!t.

The big one is that I would like to lift my 2002 Yukon Denali XL AWD. I currently have the 3in Keys and spacers with 35in tires and would like to move up to a 6 inch lift. Right now I'm looking at the rough country lift for a regular Yukon XL for about $1300. From what I have heard, I will also need to upgrade to a double cardone driveshaft since I am AWD. A local drivetrain shop said they could rebuild mine for about $300-$400. My question is, will it work? I've seen lifted denalis all over the internet but I can't find the exact setups those guys are using.

My next question is about my brakes. I could of sworn that I've seen on here that I can upgrade my brakes by switching to the next gen yukon brakes. I tried searching again and can't find it within the trillion threads that the search pops up. If I remember correctly, next gen brakes will bolt right in to mine except the rotors and calipers are bigger.

My last question would have to be about upgrading my gears for towing. I haven't done any research on this so if anyone has a good place to start I would be greatful. I live in Colorado so I would like a little bit more of a boost in towing up these mountains. Could I pull the gears out of a 2500 or is there a better route to go on gearing?

Thanks ahead for all the help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may want to look into what it will take to make your front differential durable enough to handle more torque. Those front diff's are garbage and it's fairly common that they wear out too soon in the 'part-time 4x4's vehicles and wear out even faster in the full time AWD vehicles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts