GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to taking my block out. Have 2" shackles and the block removed and it almost looks a tiny bit cali lol... Anyways gave her a quick wash today and snapped a couple of pics. The pics suck but it gets the point across.

As it sat when I got it besides I had already took all mouldings off beside the door ones.

Now

Kinda cloudy and needs a wax but it still shines good.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
or 4" lower up front and 7" lower in the back? haha

if you could bring the front down a little more I think it look even better. Nice truck.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pipe is going to get hacked soon. And im not sure I want anything low. I just hated the ass high look and to me this is perfect. I cant go all crazy on this one so im just keeping it simple and clean.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The pipe is going to get hacked soon. And im not sure I want anything low. I just hated the ass high look and to me this is perfect. I cant go all crazy on this one so im just keeping it simple and clean.
Yeah. That's exactly what I said when I took out my block and did shackles. "This is low enough, I'm keeping it simple" "I'm not going to dump a lot of money into this truck". I went from 0/3 to 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 4/5, 4/6, and now 4/7. :rofljest:

I also noticed that your truck came with the LTZ 20s but you don't have fog lights, that's weird? Just haven't noticed a lot of trucks like that, unless you bought the OEM 20s from someone else and threw them on.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Yeah. That's exactly what I said when I took out my block and did shackles. "This is low enough, I'm keeping it simple" "I'm not going to dump a lot of money into this truck". I went from 0/3 to 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 4/5, 4/6, and now 4/7. :rofljest:

I also noticed that your truck came with the LTZ 20s but you don't have fog lights, that's weird? Just haven't noticed a lot of trucks like that, unless you bought the OEM 20s from someone else and threw them on.
post some pics of yours at 2/3 or 2/4...I dont remember that

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also was wondering if someone before me put these rims on. I also have noticed all my breaking vibrations have went away with removing the block. Before the shackle and with the shackles it would shake or have vibes when breaking. I even went and bought new pads but took the caliper off and my pads and rotors were good. But now without the block it breaks smooth with no vibes.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
post some pics of yours at 2/3 or 2/4...I dont remember that
I did back on TTS last year, I don't think they're on my photobucket anymore, that was the 2/3. Remember I sent you my stock coils after I dropped the front 2"?

Then the 2/4 was my hanger and flip kit. Then moved it down for 5 inches when I did spindles instead of the coils, and found some stock coils to throw on again.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I also was wondering if someone before me put these rims on. I also have noticed all my breaking vibrations have went away with removing the block. Before the shackle and with the shackles it would shake or have vibes when breaking. I even went and bought new pads but took the caliper off and my pads and rotors were good. But now without the block it breaks smooth with no vibes.
Nice! It's great when things work out like that.

Did you trim your bumpstop any?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I haven't. I really didn't even look at it or know some people have trimmed theirs. But the last 3 days I haven't hit it yet. So if I end up hitting it a few times ill cut it but if not ill leave it be.

There are so many mods I would love to do just like I have on all my other trucks. But this is a daily and I just cant justify throwing alot of $$$ at it now that im married with a house and toooo many bills it makes it alot harder. Thanks for the compliments.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You've hit it, it's just so thick you cant really feel it. It's likely less than an inch away, go look at it. For just 3 inches out back just trim about 1.5" off the foam part, or about 2 or 3 rings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts