GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these pictures for a few days now but just figured out how to get'em on here. Guess i'm slow huh. It's just got a 2 inch shackle kit for now....thinking bout adding the coils up front and drop leaf spring in the back. Do yall think i have enough room judging by the pictures??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Chevyon22s/Truck1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Chevyon22s/backcorner1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Chevyon22s/Truck2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Chevyon22s/22dubs.jpg

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Looks good, but lose the bed rails and lose the 22s badge, I think that's the gayest thing you can do to a truck .. if someone wants to know what size your wheels/tires are it's written on the tires.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bcubed said:
Looks good, but lose the bed rails and lose the 22s badge, I think that's the gayest thing you can do to a truck .. if someone wants to know what size your wheels/tires are it's written on the tires.
:word:

you want be able to do much of a drop with that offset/tire combo

looks nice though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was sorta leaning towards your idea but i just needed somone to help me out. My dad picked the 22 badges up for me and i figured what the heck so i threw'em on. As for the rails, i'm looking at getting the bed side caps and rear wing off the street scene ss kit. As far as my tire size, they are 305/40's and i know this sounds big but i have measured time after time again and i have damn near 3 and 3/4 inch from the top of the tire to the fender. I swear it looks like it'll work.......i'm just chicken shit. Thanks bcubed.......i owe ya one dude :shake:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Those tires are huge bro... You won't be able to drop anymore than you've got right now without rubbing on those tires. The most you could get away with is a 1" coil in the front.

And please.... loose the gay badges and the bed rails.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I agree with everyone on the drop. Just leave it be for now and then buy some smaller tires when you need em and then maybe you could do a 2/4 on it. Not sure though.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yes, each to their own. I have 305/40 tires with 22" rims and 2" drop shackles also. My drivers side front tire is chewed up from hitting bumps. I think you will rub for sure if you drop the front, not only because of the 40 series but because of the 305 too.. wide. If you had some skinnier tires, rubbing on the plastic fenders probably wouldn't be too bad.. but you'll rub on the metal fender with 305's.. anyways, nice truck! :waytogo:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your right bcubed, the rails are gone as of now and so are the badges. Hoe did you take the rails and badge off and lower it more? Thats awesome. And badasssilverado.....i've been trying to imagine a roll pan on it but now i know it's gotta happen soon. Thanks man! Yoskater..........i have hit some nasty hole on accident and i have yet to rub........i can't even get the thing to hit the bumpstomp in the rear..........even with a fourwheeler behind it on a trailer. Wierd.......only place i ever seen it rub is when i cut my front wheels half ways and back up. They BARELY rub on the far front black plastic inner fender piece. Not bad at all. The Nitto 404 Extremes still have the little nipples on the tread.......awesome wear so far. Suprised to be honest. Thanks everyone for yalls input!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
new22s.gif

might not be your "style" but i wanted to play around in photoshop for a few minutes :D

oh yea dont make fun of my shadows they suck :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Add a hot blonde draped across the hood and her twin sister in the passenger seat and he'll have the nicest truck on GMFS. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was wondering what it would look like dropped Downfall....thanks! :head: Theres so much stuff a person can do to a truck it's wild. I have no idea where to start at. Thinking about getting the front black and grey pieces on the bumper color matched along with some SS cal vue side mirrors. I wanna get the escalada door handles also along with a color match tail gate handle and bezel. Where to start.............where to start... :think:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts