GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing new i dont think from last time i posted pics.. except maybe smaller front tires. and raised tranny crossmember and y pipe.

hoping to find some cheap used color matched handles from a tahoe or burban.. i dont want the escalade ones with the chrome or polished handle.

was gonna raise my front bumper today but read a how to cook made and its more involved than i felt like getting into today with the cutting and shit..

y pipe piping is crappy.. only till i get longtubes. as long as they dont hang below frame...? what brand is recommended?

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fucking right doggie
thanks i think :crazy:

Looks damn good! Fun to drive now that you got it down?
thanks man. yeah much better to drive now that its lowered.. will be even better when i get the kings! thanks for allllllll your help thus far!

damn i need that crossmember! hit it a bunch of times this morning. what all is involved in the crossmember?
yeah that was the main thing i hated.. now that its fixed, frame only barely hits when going over speed bumps if im not creeping suppppppppper slow.

heres the link i used to look at how it was done.. took me a couple hours. bandsaw + welder = win
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122483&highlight=sectioning+crossmember

I need to get lower :( looks good man
thanks. id like to go lower, but now that i drive further to work, im happy with my ground clearance. not what i consider low low, but its not to high. i like not scraping frame on everything like i did on my blazer.

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh and instead of starting another thread..

i assume longtubes will not hang below frame.. correct?

and if i get a set of longtubes that come with a y-pipe, will that be above frame or be bent up like the factory one?

i hear tri-y's are good.. but i search and only see them for burbans and tahoes.. will they not work on silverados?

thanks charles.. i love that stuff too!

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have AEM LTs and they don't hang below the frame. From what I hear, the PaceSetters don't either. I don't know about the other headers available though...
hmm. i might go with pace setters then. i can get them from summit for 292 and if they dont fit i know they will take them back.

wonder how close 02 camaro headers are to fitting silverados? i have a new pair of longtubes in the shed on my luv truck i wont be using for a while.. hmmmm measurement time!

paint them yourself foo
ehhhh id rather it look good lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts