GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be on a 04 ECSB 4x2.

1. I know once you get upto 20" rims it is a realy good idea to upgrade brakes. Is there a size rim/wheel combo that should have upgraded brakes?

2. What is the biggest tire you can run with stock ride height on 4x2?

Thanks in advance.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
nafortin said:

1. I know once you get upto 20" rims it is a realy good idea to upgrade brakes. Is there a size rim/wheel combo that should have upgraded brakes?

Thanks in advance.
If you go with huge tires its probably a good idea to upgrade brakes.Nothing stock would brobably need it. And im not totally for sure but i think a 245 up front and a 265 out back. Im probly wrong though, some1 else with more knowledge will come correct me. :(

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I have 39.5 on 16x10 and my breaks don't feel bad. I mean you can tell i've lost some stopping power but i don't think it's anything to worry about

·
Registered
703 Posts
zubyc said:
I have 39.5 on 16x10 and my breaks don't feel bad. I mean you can tell i've lost some stopping power but i don't think it's anything to worry about
You wont really notice that your brakes are too weak until it comes time when you have to really stomp on them. Under normal driving it really doesnt matter what you have, its the situations where you are caught off guard that are gonna cause some damage

·
Registered
703 Posts
Also, whether you notice if you have to apply your brakes more or not after a tire/wheel upgrade, the more weight your combo is, the more your brakes are working which =more heat and thats what the enemy is which is like most other cases when it comes to vehicles...A new bigger drilled and slotted rotor will decrease your stopping distance and run cooler while doing it

·
Registered
88 Posts
nafortin said:

Thanks in advance.
you can run 265/75/16 all the way around on a 16" wheel.(16x8) My uncle has a 03 ECSB like that and he doesnt rub at all.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
are u sure about that? cause my z71 runs 265s on a 16x8 but i sit 3-4 inches higher then a 2WD truck. i would say 245s is the most.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Senorpedro18 said:
are u sure about that? cause my z71 runs 265s on a 16x8 but i sit 3-4 inches higher then a 2WD truck. i would say 245s is the most.

Yea, im pretty sure. Discount told him it would work and it did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts