GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing the brakes on my Vortec 454 swap on my 1989 Silverado and I have a couple questions.

1. I am converting my brake booster to a hydralic booster, there is a rod between the booster and the master cylinder (#2 Below). Since I am useing the booster off of a heavier duty truck and the master off of a light duty truck I don't know which one to get...

2. For the gasket (#2 below) do I need to use that gasket or can I use some liquid gasket maker?

·
Registered
155 Posts
In my expereance with the Hydro-boost on the Army's Hummers, with the same setup, i.e. light duty master, the master cylinder push rod is part of the hydro-boost. I don't really know what the rod is in the picture. it does not look like a master cylinder push rod. As for the gasket, it is there just to keep water and junk from getting in your cab area. I suggest posting this over in the lowered area, as a lot of guys are converting to the hydro-boost to get more clearance to tuck really big tires.

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have figured out my 1st question. The stock rod was in the booster and I'm gonna see if that will work. So now all I have to do is figure out what to do about the second question. I really want to mount this booster after work today. I guess we'll see what happens! :bowtie:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts