GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do a paint correction on my buddies f350 and seal my gmc for winter. I usually use Adams products. I saw chemical guys have a black paint maintenance kit. Has anyone used this? Any tips with chemical guys products? I also bought their gloss booster wash, aluminum polish, hybrid v7. Looked like these worked well together. I will be using Adams clay bay with their detail spray and their micro fiber paint correction kit. Anyone worked with Ford paint from 03. He takes care of his truck but it does have swirls scratching etc. Is it a harder or softer paint than gm? Going to use the kit on my truck first to see if I like how it performs.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I corrected my wife's old 03 ford escape with adams products and I felt it was easy to correct. Always start with the least aggressive compound first and work your way up to see how aggressive you'll need to get.

I think all of the "black paint kits" or whatever, just have a lot of fillers to temporarily hide the imperfections easily seen on black paint.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about the filler part as well. Going to try it on my truck before I do his. I really like Adams product line. I did paint correction on my last truck this spring with Adams. I always got complimented on how clean it was. A lot of people thought it was newer than it was being 10yrs old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never used CG Black but everything I use is CG products! They're great! Use the V line to cut and polish with. Then seal with Jetseal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts