GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a front end replacement for my 97 tahoe and was wondering if you guys have any good pictures of these on obs? also what is needed to make it work with a 3" body lift?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i actually am a sales rep for ranchhand. i dont have any good pics for an OBS truck, but they do look very nice. as for the body lift, they arent too hard to relocate if you know how to weld, if not, you will need to take them to a welding shop. not too bad at all. PM me for more details.

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
speaking of ranch hands josh, link me to the site with the pictures of your 95 :bowtie:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Stu said:
speaking of ranch hands josh, link me to the site with the pictures of your 95 :bowtie:
well stu, that grille guard i had for you sold over the weekend. ill see if i can track down another. those are somewhat hard to find used, but ill see what i can get
here are the pics of my 95. this is why you DONT use a cinder block as a jackstand :read: all of the jackstands we had were holding up parts for the SFA blazer on the mainpage. we were pretty stupid.
http://www.bigdsoffroad.com/josholdchevy.htm

9,778 Posts
lowred said:
that is an old version of the frontend. the new one looks 100x better.
Dang man if you can get the chance to get some pics of the new ones (for the OBS) that would be wonderful.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
well, the grille section is not expanded metal anymore, its 12 guage flat steel with a design punched out of it, the powder coat is alot shinier, and a few of the pieces have had some minor design changes. there is also a place for the front liscence plate now, right below the reciever tube.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are the new ones the same price? does the new 12 gauge steel middle section cover up the truck's grill a whole lot?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just put a 99-02 year model ranchhand grill gaurde on my hoe (obs), i must say it looks pretty good, it would definately be the shit if it was the front end replacement.......i say definately go for the full replacement! I know mine isn't year specific, but if it was..............still badass!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DaHoe4x4Ag said:
I just put a 99-02 year model ranchhand grill gaurde on my hoe (obs), i must say it looks pretty good, it would definately be the shit if it was the front end replacement.......i say definately go for the full replacement! I know mine isn't year specific, but if it was..............still badass!

too bad the NBS front replacements wont go on the OBS as easy as the grille guards do. personally i like the look of the NBS guard on the OBS, but they arent really made to be interchanged. ive thought about throwin one on my 93 anyways, but probably wont.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yea I figured the NBS replacement wouldn't line up very well at all with an OBS. Just putting the NBS grill gaurd on an OBS was a little work, but Aber gave me a damn good deal on it with a set of KC's, so I couldn't pass it up. Just some minor welding of some brackets and that bitch was mounted solid. If anyone ever wants to do it, I've got pics of the brackets I fabbed up. I agree, I love the look of the NBS grill gaurds on the OBS.........

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ranchhand rules!!!!!!!!! I love mine. I made a 2500HD one work on my bodylifted half ton.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts