GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used these? Once you do, your life is no longer complete until you own them. I like the, that much. I just bought a set of the reversable ratcheting ones today in teh metric size on ebay, and will be trying to get the SAE set soon as well. The 7 wrench set retails for $100!! I got them for like 45 shipped new on ebay so thats more reasonable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
7 wrench set sells for $100???
wow, I got the gearwrench brand for x-mas and I think each set (sae and metric) was around $50

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but I will ALWAYS cough up the cash for craftsman, lifetime warenty no questions asked. I used a wrench as a pry bar, snapped it in half, took it to sears and they just handed me a new one. I cut up a secket to make a custom one - I mean cut it up with a dremmel! and then gave me a new one. Also I think the craftsman need less of a turn to ratchet, like only 5 degrees or something.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gearwrench was the model that all others have copied. They were the first.
Craftsman is certainly good, but these also are warrrentied.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know they were first, they sell them at sears even. Just you have to mail them in and shit to get new ones, plus honestly I liked the craftsmans better. Im not saying the gearwrenches arnt good, its what I was going to get until I found a deal on ebay. $100 is just to much for 7 wrenches no matter how fucking cool they are. $45 is fine.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wish they made some in bigger sizes. The guy at sears told me though they would be comming out with more sizes soon.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
what size do they go up to?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
18mm metric, 3/4 SAE. I use those 2 sizes ALOT though so thats good.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
the craftsmen ones are a rip off for that price.. which seems like alot of their products lately.. $35 bux for 3 little screw outs is getting rediculous

Stanley makes the same damn thing for half the price and you still get the lifetime warranty..

All my tools are stanley and wouldn't have it any other way.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I have both SAE & Metric. Not Craftsman but Snap-On. This wrenches are great I use them all the time.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought a set of the craftsman for work and i'll tell you what, it sucks when I'm home working on the truck without them. :banghead: One thing though and i'd like to see if i'm the only one, I'm on my third 9/16. they keep locking up on me. :think:

BTW, First Post! WOOT :cheers:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
umm just craftsman I think and I was browsing through what there was and saw them. Im bidding on some SAE ones now.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
what did u have to shell out for the snap-ons?
I can't remember what I paid for them, they were on a promotion sale couldn't beat the price. The Snap-On rep I have likes to be used and abused, just bad 94 and I tag team him on prices. If you want I can get prices later on (I used to work for him).

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
if you could get prices that would be great. i know my dad has been wanting a set of those wrenches but $100 for the craftsman is just a bit too steep.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts