GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cranked their stock keys and had tire wear issues? I had to lower mine back down an inch, what a bummer.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Why didnt you just leave it cranked and get a front end alignment? it may have been wearing from something else being out of spec.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,651 Posts
Why didnt you just leave it cranked and get a front end alignment? it may have been wearing from something else being out of spec.
:read:

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I cranked them at max, I had a slight shimmy in the steering at 60MPH, so I believe it could be a couple of things. Just trying to see if I could narrow it down.

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I turned them down yesterday and the shimmy is gone, but have noticed the wear on the outside of the tire for about a month. I'm gonna suck it up and get a lift kit and new shoes~screw it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
probably worn out parts like highserria said, and you cant notice it untill you get it cranked with more stress and more air under the truck floating it around on the highway... i dunno... thats what i think

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
ANYTIMNE you mess with the front end you need an alignment on IFS Rigs. THose things are hard enought to hold aligntment stock much less cranked and with lift kits.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I had shimmy issues as well. I rotated my tires and that took care of the problem. This was back when i got my truck and the tires were awful up front. When i rotated them it shook really bad, switched em back and that fixed it. This was right after i cranked my keys too. Mine are cranked all the way up and i have no problems to date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts