GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it would just as cheap to drop $3800 on a crate engine and call it done. I could have it in and running in a day and be done. The one Im looking at is a 383 450 HP with 10.0 comp ratio. Its the last one listed in this list.

http://www.cmengines.com/Engines/PerformanceStreetEngines/tabid/63/Default.aspx

It will be carbed so Id like to ditch the stock under hood harness to clean everything up. What would I need for it to run without the factory ignition? Starter, alt, gauges, and a/c I know how to wire back up.

An MSD setup or something? Ive got a new stock style dist on it if I could use it thatd be cool.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
pretty sure you could use it... the only thing i see that im not liking is there's no torque numbers...

anyway, far as electrical if you wanna keep it simple, just your basic gauges which you've already said...

What tranny does your truck have?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure you could use it... the only thing i see that im not liking is there's no torque numbers...

anyway, far as electrical if you wanna keep it simple, just your basic gauges which you've already said...

What tranny does your truck have?
Ill email them soon and find out cam specs, torque and all that are. I was wondering about that also.

Mine has a 700R4 so no probs there. Ill also ask them what stall they would recomend. Just not sure exactly what Id need as far as ignition goes.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I got back today. Why wont they tell me what cam it has?

Hello,

This engine has RHS Lightening 72cc angle plug heads, 10.0 to 1 compression ratio. It produces 476 ft lbs torque at 4300 rpm. The cam info is proprietary. We guarantee the horsepower and the engine has decent vacuum and drivability.

We recommend a 750 Holley.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
thats ghey

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called and the guy on the phone told me it didnt matter what cam was in the motor or any other specs. All I needed to know is it would make the power they claim. Well anyways, I wont be buying from them. :read:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
you could always get a crate 350 from summit for like $1500 I believe then get a stroker kit which is like another $700 then cam, intake manifold, headers and a nice Carb and you would be right around $3000

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found who I think Im going with. Said all engines are built when you place the order and you get a live run tape of YOUR engine. Said I could even come watch them build it :read:

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could always get a crate 350 from summit for like $1500 I believe then get a stroker kit which is like another $700 then cam, intake manifold, headers and a nice Carb and you would be right around $3000
Ive got an engine I could build. Id rather just buy and have that warrenty, drop it in a day with little down time, etc

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I found who I think Im going with. Said all engines are built when you place the order and you get a live run tape of YOUR engine. Said I could even come watch them build it :read:
wheres that at?

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
I'd refuse to work with any company who wouldn't tell me the specs on a camshaft installed in a $3700 engine.

The cam is the heart of the engine. Knowing the specs can tell someone a LOT about how they can expect it to perform.

That's just dumb business. Looks like it may have cost 'em a sale too.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd refuse to work with any company who wouldn't tell me the specs on a camshaft installed in a $3700 engine.

The cam is the heart of the engine. Knowing the specs can tell someone a LOT about how they can expect it to perform.

That's just dumb business. Looks like it may have cost 'em a sale too.
This is almost word for word what I told them.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Buy one yet?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
you accept paypal?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts