GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BADTOTHEBONE
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright so the local offroad shop that alot of my buddies use quoted me "around" $3200 for installing a fabtech 6" on my 09 silvy 1500. I have been waiting to lift for a while becuase i am gathering the funds to do it.

Now am i wrong or does $1200 for a lift seem rediculous?(!) Thinking of waiting untill i go the the beach this summer and have one of the shops do it there. Just buy the lift and bring it down there and get in done for like $500-600. :think:

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
1200 for a fabtech lift is a good deal. Dont pay more than 600 to have it installed

But I say put it on yourself. You dont even realize how easy it is

·
BADTOTHEBONE
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure 1200 for the lift would be awesome, but I could buy it for under $2000, so where did 3200 come from? I have no place to do it myself, becuase my driveways on a hill, it doesn't fit in my garage, and my neighbors would come at me like a spidermonkey if I did it in the street. Weird. I think I'll call the one other shop that is sorta close and get a qoute

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
I hate poser fucktards that lift their shit and then just cruise the mall and cant even rotate their own tires or own a set of wrenches.

Put the lift on yourself, learn about your truck. Its easy as hell and can be done in a day.

·
BADTOTHEBONE
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me say this: I am most definitely capable of doing the lift myself, do not plan on just cruising to the mall with it, and I own quite a few more tools than just a set of wrenches. O yea and I think I know how to rotate tires lol. I just want it done professionally, and I know not all the guys here did it themselves.

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
Let me say this: I am most definitely capable of doing the lift myself, do not plan on just cruising to the mall with it, and I own quite a few more tools than just a set of wrenches. O yea and I think I know how to rotate tires lol. I just want it done professionally, and I know not all the guys here did it themselves.
you'd be surprised. alot of guy's don't plan on doing it themeselves then after talking to everyone on here and realizing how simple it is.

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
you'd be surprised. alot of guy's don't plan on doing it themeselves then after talking to everyone on here and realizing how simple it is.
...only simple if you have a place to do it...see below

I have no place to do it myself, becuase my driveways on a hill, it doesn't fit in my garage, and my neighbors would come at me like a spidermonkey if I did it in the street.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I hate poser fucktards that lift their shit and then just cruise the mall and cant even rotate their own tires or own a set of wrenches.

Put the lift on yourself, learn about your truck. Its easy as hell and can be done in a day.
Im a poser fucktard that lifted my shit and cruises the Mall..but I did it myself :crazy:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
How bad would that suck if you pulled your truck into the Garage not thinking..Then put a lift on and coudnt get the bitch out! :rofbow:

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
How bad would that suck if you pulled your truck into the Garage not thinking..Then put a lift on and coudnt get the bitch out! :rofbow:
LOL.. I thought I read that someone ere did that a long while back. Had to put some small ass tires on it to get it out..

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
Happened to me! We pulled it in and got the rear done and then couldn't get the bitch out. Had to put the rear on a jack without wheels and tires and one person drove it out while the others pushed. I shit my paints a little!

Seriously though to 09SILVERADO...do it yourself if you can. If I remember correctly J-man did his in his driveway and it was sloped. You will want to shoot yourself for paying 500-600 to have someone install it after you figure out how easy it is. Find some friends that can help ya if possible.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
1200 is good for the lift, I paid 500 for the installation on the lift on my old truck, and installed the superlift myself on my nnbs and don't regret it even if it was a PITA

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
print the instructions out, read them about 10 times, and go for it. just make sure to torque everything, we always mark each bolt with a paint pen just to make sure it was torqued. but if you have any doubts, take it in for your own safety, sounds silly but it can wreck your day

if you don't have a good manual, buy one.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i didn't even know what a balljoint was when i started mine, and it was still do able lol.

if you absolutely cannot find a place to do it, installation should be $600 max.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
me and a buddy knocked out a 6" lift on a muddy, nasty sierra today in 6 leisurely hours. depending on the shop, 75-100$ an hr max labor rate...at @ hrs or so...600$ or there abouts is fair.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts