GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best creeper? I need a new one, because the one I have (although color matched) isn't long enough to use right, and the head rest shouldn't be called a head rest at all. Something nice and long would be perfect, maybe with some sort of magnetic tray on a side?:hmm: Is anything like that out there, or should I dig out the 1" steel square tubing, and get to work.:nono:

1,932 Posts
I used a cheap one forever and it would break and I would weld it up and fix it and I got fed of it and dropped some cash for "THE BONE" creeper. it looks like a big dog bone. I love that damn thing, im a diesel mechanic and working on semis all day it holds up just fine. Its nice cause it had 4 or 5 inch casters that are made just for this (not a generic caster just thrown on it) They also have a bushing on the axles on the casters. This is so cool cause when I was bored I would be under a truck and push off the axels on the truck and stay on my back and I would slid across 5-6 bays and hit the wall with force. Those caster that got WILL FUCKING ROLL!!!!! Also i can go right over air hoses or extension cords without problems. Something that I liked about it also was that my back was actually like only a inch off the ground if that...so it is really nice for going under some tight areas. only thing that sucks is cause of the huge casters it actually is kinda hard to go around some spots. like on certain trucks I wouldnt slid between the dual drive axles cause the creeper would hit the tires. But It never really gave me any trouble. I use to take a clutch out (around 80-120 pds, not to sure but its fucking heavy!) and i would sit it on my creeper and push the creeper out from under the truck with the clutch on it and it would roll just fine without a problem, most the time it would hit the workbenches and push them a bit. those rollers seriously can roll. I would power wash the creeper every sat and oil the bushings and swivel roller balls and it would work like a champ! You should look into it, I have used it outside in grass and dirt too. oh yea those 4 or 5 inch tall wheels are like a inch and half wide! so it kicks ass for going over grates and shit like that.

Here is their website link

here is some pics of it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got the creeper & seat combo from Jeg's...had 'em a year and no problems so far...I think they're on sale right now under $40

1 - 6 of 6 Posts