GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was woundering how they worked and what (goods) they do to your speaker system? can anyone school me on this please!

oh yeah hi all! new to GMFS. found this place through LS1 TECH and i really like it b/c not to many truck guys on that board. (you know what i mean)

-----Thanx

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
It'd be a good idea to amp them, especially if its for your front stage. Those speakers would need a 100x2 amp. It all depends on the budget, but if you run them off the deck, you'll be disappointed in their performance.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
00silv said that right. Would you wanna have your radio run 6 speakers off an rms of maybe 22, or and amp run them off a rms of 100? That is a nice JL set but you know you will need to keep all those in the front and not split them up. You cant have the 4s in the rear and the tweeters and 6 1/2s in the front cuz they break up the freqs seperately to each speaker

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was what i was planning on doing. putting the 4" in the rear pillar. but i cant put all three in the front no room. do i look for something eles? will it sound real bad if i had the tweeters and the 6.5" in the door and the 4" in the back????

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
*WILDSTYLE 5.3* said:
That was what i was planning on doing. putting the 4" in the rear pillar. but i cant put all three in the front no room. do i look for something eles? will it sound real bad if i had the tweeters and the 6.5" in the door and the 4" in the back????
Heres what I've seen people do, but I'm not sure what it does for the imaging of the sound stage. They put the 6.5 in the door, and get a set of kickpanels(Q Logic or some custom ones) and put the 4" and the tweeter in there. That's something to think about, if not, just go to www.thezeb.com and get yourself some of the CDT speakers for 150 :read:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts