GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cruise control just stopped working about a week ago. I have read up and checked on pulling the brake pedal up with my foot while driving and checked the fuse.
the fuse was blown but when I replaced it the cruise still didn't work.
My brake lights come on when I press the pedal as well.
I have led bulbs in my taillights that have been in for a couple months and worked fine until last week
the last thing I haven't done is replaced the brake light switch, is there anything else im missing on trying before doing that ?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Pretty sure its the sensor. Took me forever to figure out why my cruise would randomly just stop working. Eventually I figured out the brake pedal was wiggling enough when it was cold to hit the sensor that wasn't stiff enough to ignore slight pedal jouncing. Replaced sensor - done.

·
V-8 Enthusiast
48 Posts
It's also possible that you have a burnt out brake light bulb. Or if you put LED bulbs in there without a resistor.

I had the same issue before, my cruise control wouldn't engage after i put LED replacement brake light bulbs in. Replaced them with the originals, cruise worked fine again.

Something to do with if the brake lights aren't working, the cruise won't either.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finally replaced the brake light switch and it's still not working but I now also have led taillights , not just bulbs the whole taillights could that be my problem ? My cruise control worked when I had just led bulbs in the taillights before it quit

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
So I finally replaced the brake light switch and it's still not working but I now also have led taillights , not just bulbs the whole taillights could that be my problem ? My cruise control worked when I had just led bulbs in the taillights before it quit
You could swap the old ones back in and find out if that is the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts