GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip to Albany KY yesterday. 250 miles one direction. When we got to Bowling Green we happened up a bunch of cars heading north. Must've been a car show. My wife had the camera so some of the pics didn't come out well, plus the elephant ears were in the way. Enjoy!

DSC_3216.gif

DSC_3211.gif

DSC_3209.gif

DSC_3205.gif

DSC_3203.gif

DSC_3202.gif

DSC_3201.gif

DSC_3198.gif

DSC_3196.gif

DSC_3194.gif

DSC_3191.gif

DSC_3189.gif

DSC_3188.gif

DSC_3186.gif

DSC_3185.gif

DSC_3184.gif

DSC_3182.gif

DSC_3180.gif

DSC_3179.gif

DSC_3177.gif

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
That would be a cool site to see going down the interstate.

How did the trip go John? Did the dealership have anything you were interested in?

Sorry, I couldnt meet up anywhere. The family took an outing to the Cardinals game on Friday night and Six Flags on Saturday.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did the trip go John? Did the dealership have anything you were interested in?
Actually, plans changed. Instead of going to Greenville and St. Louis, we drove to eastern KY to a Supra dealer because they had a brand new one for $13,000 cheaper than the other dealers. We drove 250 miles to that place, 250 miles back home, hooked up the boat, and drove 160 miles to Effingham, and 160 miles back home. It was a total of 800 miles when we pulled back into the garage last night at midnight. Started out at 6 am...

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
Actually, plans changed. Instead of going to Greenville and St. Louis, we drove to eastern KY to a Supra dealer because they had a brand new one for $13,000 cheaper than the other dealers. We drove 250 miles to that place, 250 miles back home, hooked up the boat, and drove 160 miles to Effingham, and 160 miles back home. It was a total of 800 miles when we pulled back into the garage last night at midnight. Started out at 6 am...
Sounds like a lot of traveling. What ever you gotta do to get a good deal. What kind of mileage did the truck get?

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a lot of traveling. What ever you gotta do to get a good deal. What kind of mileage did the truck get?
Didn't really keep up with it. I filled up (52 gallons) and drove the first trip. I've got a heavy foot, plus the trip from here to Bowling Green has a lot of stop lights... When I got back I filled up again just to stay safe because I buy diesel fuel here for .10 cheaper than most places.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I love America. You wouldn't see a shitload of badass cars cruising anywhere else like that.

·
Negative Camber
369 Posts
They were all headed to Somerset, KY for the Somernites Cruise. Freakin kick ass cruise in. Over 1,800 showed up for the cruise in. Some of us met up with the Power Cruise to the show, I'd guess that there was 300 or so cruising in the line we were in.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They were all headed to Somerset, KY for the Somernites Cruise. Freakin kick ass cruise in. Over 1,800 showed up for the cruise in. Some of us met up with the Power Cruise to the show, I'd guess that there was 300 or so cruising in the line we were in.
That's amazing! I caught up with them getting on Natcher Parkway and then got off at the Glasgow exit and they were in a steady stream all the way there.

GMracer: Those are my fave's....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hell yah! That was the BG crew. Del, BradleyKD and myself cruised with the Louisville/Cincy crew.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
awesome timing on the road! i wish i had some sites like that. i just got back from upstate NY today.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts