GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of putting a CST 6-8 inch lift on my 01 Z71 GMC ECSB. I was going to install it myself. However, the lack of in door facilities,(this ain't california), a few tools, and most importantly an offer to do it for $500 and in one day, led me to decide to have a shop do the install. I bought the kit from Jeff at Performance Lifts. I decided to get a bare kit and have it powder coated silver at a local PC shop. I just got in most of the parts. Thought you guys might want to see some pics.

Upper Contol Arms
UCAs.gif

Dual Shock Hoops
Shockhoops.gif

Brackets and Struts
Struts.gif

More Brackets
Brackets.gif

Main Subframe
Mainsubframe.gif

Front Diff Brackets
Frontdiff.gif

Rear Dual Shock Kit
Reardual.gif

Rear Lift and Hardware Bag
Rearblocks.gif

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silverado said:
Looks good man... 500 bucks is a good install pirce. Is there any welding required with the CST kit?
I forgot to mention that I was doing dual shocks all around. If you look at the second to last pic, that is the rear dual shock kit. I didn't get it bare because it basically mounts up between the frame rails where you wouldn't see it anyway. But the two bare brackets that you see in that pic have to be welded to the rear axle tube. No other welding is required.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: Looks good Wade
Looks kind of funny w/o Powdercoating lol.

So is everything there and ready to go? When does everything come back from the Powdercoater's?

:rocking:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may take a few weeks. I already took the parts to the PCers. But, the first thing that has to happen is Gene has to remove the LCAs and the sway bar from my truck. He promised to get that done by Friday. Then they have to go out to be stripped/blasted. That will probably take most of next week. Then they go to the PCers with the rest of the kit and they will do the job all at once. Thats probably another week. I thought that it would look kind of funny to have black LCAs and a black sway bar when everthing else under there will be silver. I STILL have not be able to get up with Jeff to find out what the deal is with the rest of the parts. So on your end, now that you've seen my kit, what are you missing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts