GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
might be thinking about this kit for my 2003 silverado xcab...

link to suspension

what size tires/wheels do you think that truck is running and how much do you think the kit would cost with the coilovers? (it doesn't give a price of the shocks)... and where could i find fender flares like the ones on that truck? thanks for your time... (picture posted below if your too lazy to click the link :crazy:)

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Ive been trying to get my friend to get rid of his 20's and get this lift your talking about for about a year. He wants to get a lift but he wants to just get a big one with like 37's or 38's but i told him with a 1/2 ton that long travel will be a lot more usefull. Those tires are probably 35's or something a little less. You can find those fenders or ones like it at
http://WWW.GLASSWORKSUNLIMITED.COM

If you get that lift you need to come by and show my friend it because after seeing it im sure he will like it.

also those shocks are probably around 300 each for the ones in the picture. On the link you posted it said it does not come with the spindles either. Im not sure how much those are.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where u at in CA? im in chino/chino hills/diamondbar/fullerton, lol... i move around a lot...

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, no way... my girlfriend goes there and im goign there next year... fuck parking at that school, i tried to once and left, haha... my sis has a house off of orangethorp, i usually chill there... we should roll out some time...

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
that truck has 35 inch tires. probably on 16x8s.

35s on 16x8s are your best bet with a kit like that. you will be able to wheel hard in the desert assuming you beef your rearend and all your frontend components.

a long travel setup done right is going to cost a FORTUNE. thats 2 grand for just the a-arms and brackets. the spindles and coil-overs will probably be another 1000-1500 and then you gotta get rear springs, and 500 for glass fenders, and wheels/tires. rear gears, new tie-rods, etc.

imo its not worth it unless you plan to NEED it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brock that truck is running 35x12.5 BFG AT tires. The CST coilover kit is very nice, I haven't driven a truck w/ the kit but I have seen a couple of them and they are sweet. In all reality that kit will holdup longer than the truck if you plan on abusing it. Yes it is expensive but from the couple people that I've talked to it soaks up just about anything you can throw at it.

Here is another truck running the kit although they did modify it slightly but still a nice example.

Click on pic

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i go to glamis a lot and shit... im just not going to run it hard until i think its ready to be run hard... im planning on spending around 10k on the truck when the suspension is finaially finished

Jeff said:
that truck has 35 inch tires. probably on 16x8s.

35s on 16x8s are your best bet with a kit like that. you will be able to wheel hard in the desert assuming you beef your rearend and all your frontend components.

a long travel setup done right is going to cost a FORTUNE. thats 2 grand for just the a-arms and brackets. the spindles and coil-overs will probably be another 1000-1500 and then you gotta get rear springs, and 500 for glass fenders, and wheels/tires. rear gears, new tie-rods, etc.

imo its not worth it unless you plan to NEED it

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I checked out that kit on a the CST truck at the Off-Road expo in pamona. It was right next to their huge ass silverado. Its a very nice kit and looks very strong.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
17 years old and you wanna spend 10 grand on a brand new 25+ grand truck????

your nuts :insane:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, im almost 18! and dont be crazy... i don't have an extra 10 grand sitting around... i mean over time thats about what i plan on spending... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
10 grand is easy to spend on a lifted truck IMO Not everyone can do it, but if you can afford it why not? I spent about 7K total on my last truck and I was 17-18, I just worked all the time and I had no bills didnt have to pay for the truck so it was not that hard to earn the cash working my ass off. Now I got a phat payment but working full time for good money makes it easier to mod.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
well i, like you, have a fat payment for the new truck :crazy: so it any amount of mod money seems crazy :bawl: it sucks

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If I went to school and didnt work full time no way could I do what I am doing as far as mods. I would be pushing it just paying $500 a month for the truck.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah i go to school full time and i work 30-35 hours a week. 400 a month for the truck and im buyin a quad next month at another 200 a month :insane: :crazy:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i work... but i can only work part time for now, and since i can onyl work part time i pay for half of my stuff... i live in an apt. for free courtesy of my friends parents btu its taken me a while to save for this stuff and my birthday, graduation, and anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up so im hoping that will bring me some money... ic ant say i feel for you guys payign for all that stuff monthly.. but pretty soon i have a feelign i will... 18 is rad... but then it sucks... lol... jeff i sent you a pm last night btu im nto sure if u recieved it...

dear lord my typing is the suck...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts