GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local lift shop here in town and told them that I had a 7" CST Lift I wanted them to install and then I wanted some 16x8 wheels and 35x12.50 tires. They said the CST lift wouldnt work because I would need some *modified* lower control arms that CST makes. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, that is total bullshit... They may have thought it was the long travel kit. But the kit I have uses the stock Lower control arm. Just replaces the coil, spindle and upper control arm...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
SkyRider469 said:
the only way you would need new lower arms is if you had the LT kit
:word: they were tryin to gouge ya.

·
Registered
175 Posts
35"s will fit a CST 7" but it will be tight. What shop did you go to?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Otherwise to fit anything bigger then 35's I need a 3" bl right? They want $2550 for the 7" cst lift that includes installation and thats with the lower control arms they said. But Aberbaseball7 can sell me the lift for $1300 and I can get that put in for like $500-$600 easily, how much is a 3" bl installed?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sevenfold said:
I've actually heard of the LCA (supposed to add 1.5") before but it is supposedly a nightmare to align
Ahh yes thats it they told me it added 1.5" which helped to fit the 35's they wanted like $500 each though I was like wtf.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well a bl off 4wheel parts if $300 is installation on that a lot too? I dont really want to do anything myself (never done anything susupension, truck has 250 miles on it, it is brand new last thing I want to do is fuck it up). So if I buy the tires/rims/lift off aberbaseball im looking at $2700 then another $600-$700 for installation of suspension lift, $300 for the bl stuff, how much for labor on bl? I guess ill have to call tomorrow. Probably looking at close to $4k? They quoted me $4055 for a 7" cst lift and 35" Pro Comp Xterrains with Eagle Alloys Series 058 16" rims. So more lift for the same amount of cash? Im all for it lol

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Labor on a body lift is going to run you anywhere from $200-$450, depending on the shop. I would just do it yourself, it's not that bad. Just have two of your buddies come over and help you.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Oh yeah... and 4wp will not install a body lift on a truck that already has a suspension lift, and they won't install a suspension lift when the truck already has a body lift. They will not combine the two. So I'd look into another shop if you definetly want the body lift.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think the body lift on performancelifts.com runs around $270, or that is what I paid for mine atleast. Also labor will prolly be $300+... It is simple to do if you have the tools. And so is the install of the cst kit. You will save a grand if you can get some buddies and do the install yourself on the body lift and the suspension.... Just something to think about..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts